Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

my worst game of 2012 hopefully ever played 20minutes ago.


  • 16 months ago · Quote · #1

    chessmaster102

    A important standard (15min/10) tournament game here on chess.com I was already guranteed 2nd but to get 1st had to win this game and well....



  • 16 months ago · Quote · #2

    linlaoda

    everyone makes mistakes - don't bum yourself too much.

    If you want actual tips:

    look into the line 4...Nc6 5. Nf3 d6 6. Bc4 a6 7. 0-0 Nf6

    13...d5 looks safe: 14. exd5 Nxd5 15. Nxd5 Bxd5 16. Qd3 g6 and Black develops easily.

    14...Nc4 is pretty darn aggressive: 15. Qc2 Qb6+!? 16. Kh1 Ne3 17. Bxe3 Qxe3 and I think Black is safe

    But at least you learned a new tactical pattern. Don't give up chess because of this!

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #3

    chessmaster102

    Lol Im not giving up chess and thanks

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #4

    chessmaster102

    linlaoda wrote:

    everyone makes mistakes - don't bum yourself too much.

    If you want actual tips:

    look into the line 4...Nc6 5. Nf3 d6 6. Bc4 a6 7. 0-0 Nf6

    13...d5 looks safe: 14. exd5 Nxd5 15. Nxd5 Bxd5 16. Qd3 g6 and Black develops easily.

    14...Nc4 is pretty darn aggressive: 15. Qc2 Qb6+!? 16. Kh1 Ne3 17. Bxe3 Qxe3 and I think Black is safe

    But at least you learned a new tactical pattern. Don't give up chess because of this!

    the variation you give with 14...Nc4 ends up helping cause it wasnt really a tempo gain sinc ewhite moved his king to I would say a ideal place and at the end blacks queen is in a harassing place. 14...Nc4 is still a good move cause of outposting reasons though

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #5

    DawudBeale

    rather than g6, why not close the diagonal off with e5?

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #6

    CapAnson

    d5 could have been played on black's 13th or 14th move.  Better on the 13th with a significant advantage I'd say. also instead of 16...g6? I'd look at 16...Bxc3 followed by Rc8.  

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #7

    chessmaster102

    CapAnson wrote:

    d5 could have been played on black's 13th or 14th move.  Better on the 13th with a significant advantage I'd say. also instead of 16...g6? I'd look at 16...Bxc3 followed by Rc8.  

    agreed 

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #8

    chessmaster102

    DawudBeale wrote:

    rather than g6, why not close the diagonal off with e5?

    wanted to keep that diagnole open.


Back to Top

Post your reply: