Forums

Never surrender!

Sort:
205thsq

Check it out! this was fun :)

amri97
205thsq wrote:

Check it out! this was fun :)

move 38: he could win, if he played kh2.. here you cant win. what would you play after kh2 or would you resign?

205thsq
amri97 wrote:

move 38: he could win, if he played kh2.. here you cant win. what would you play after kh2 or would you resign?

H2? im not scared of h2! Qxf4+ then if he blocks with G3 back to E4 threatening mate in one on G2 or if he moves to H1 again C1+ followed by G1 mate! blocking with the queen just gives it to me, its crazy how such a lost position turned into a 2 piece mating net :)

capnpaco

Ha, looks like fun.  All kinds of silliness here.  You could have taken his queen with your pawn on move 36.  On move 35 he could have forced a queen trade.  And so on.  But it looks like it was a great time!

205thsq
capnpaco wrote:

Ha, looks like fun.  All kinds of silliness here.  You could have taken his queen with your pawn on move 36.  On move 35 he could have forced a queen trade.  And so on.  But it looks like it was a great time!

Oh crap how did i miss that?! LOL

capnpaco

Ha, yeah I hate looking back and seeing stuff I missed...

Backwardking

If white played 32. Rc7 instead of letting you escape by playing 32. Rc8+, then white would evenually win by the following line: 32. ...Qe1+ 33. Kh2 Qh1+ 34. Kxh1 d3 35. Qe7#.

If black doesn't decide to spite check on move 33 and goes with something like 33. ...Qh4 or Qb4, then play continues with 34. Qd7+ Kf8 35. Qf7#.

But hey we all have swindled and been swindled, so congrats on the win. 

waffllemaster

You have over 1000 games here, so surely this kind of ending isn't new to you.  So why post it?

Maybe the opponent was rude to you and you wanted to gloat publicly?  I don't know.

Bellomy
waffllemaster wrote:

You have over 1000 games here, so surely this kind of ending isn't new to you.  So why post it?

Maybe the opponent was rude to you and you wanted to gloat publicly?  I don't know.

Because it was a fun game that he was happy he won? Because he was bragging that he won a close game that he didn't play too well?

Why do you even care? You don't need to comment if you don't think it's worth commenting on.

waffllemaster

I found the situation interesting enough to comment on apparently.

Now that I look at the comments (previously I only looked at the end) he's just having fun with it, so never mind, just a fun game where he managed to beat the odds :)

abcdefghgfedcba

Haha your analysis made me laugh. Nice game

FancyKnight

Faster is simply 32. Qxe6+ ...any... 33.Rc8#

205thsq

Thanks MrPenquin, thats all I was hoping for. I've played a lot of games but I think this one was wild and worth posting... for entertainment purposes only ;)