Forums

Ridiculous bullet game #X-thousand

Sort:
-waller-

I admit I went +2 =0 -8 against this guy, but here's one I won which was fun. Featuring tripled pawns, some crazy knights and a cool checkmate!

AndyClifton

ugh

-waller-
AndyClifton wrote:

ugh

I appreciate all 3 characters of your expressed disgust at this game :)

-waller-
harryz wrote:

nice

4 characters - we're on a roll here!

Phantom_of_the_Opera

amazingly epic!  (I love games like that that are played so fast and yet so well for the most part!

AndyClifton

Sorry waller...but it was that final business that did it for me.  Okay, I realize that nobody's supposed to actually think about the moves played in a bullet game (so what're we looking at one for?--I dunno), but a game predicated upon a pre-move king hang...eek!  Especially since doesn't just 28 Qg5 win?

Still, I do have to admit:  I liked the fianchettoed queen. Smile

-waller-
AndyClifton wrote:

Sorry waller...but it was that final business that did it for me.  Okay, I realize that nobody's supposed to actually think about the moves played in a bullet game (so what're we looking at one for?--I dunno), but a game predicated upon a pre-move king hang...eek!  Especially since doesn't just 28 Qg5 win?

Still, I do have to admit:  I liked the fianchettoed queen. 

Ah, I see - well, I dispute that this game predicated (as you nicely put it) on the king hang at the end (actually I liked the knight/pawn picture far more) - and especially since, as you said, I'm probably simply winning after Qg5. I mean, my idea was just to create confusion with 28...gxf5 29.exf5 with the threat of mate renewed etc although who knows if it holds up after 29...Qxg2+ ... I mean, we had under 3 seconds each!

@Phantom_of_the_Opera: Thanks man, although as pointed out, there are many moves which would not withstand scrutiny here :)

Naakija

26. Qh5 #

johnyoudell

You took the advice to occupy the centre with pawns very seriously in this game.

NewArdweaden

Brilliant.

apostolis1

Great game with only 1 min !! Congrats, and don't mind about -8, chess is for fighters !!! Smile