Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Right place @ the right time reloaded (~1050)


  • 24 months ago · Quote · #1

    KeyserSzoze

    This is another game when everything falls in the right place at the right time. I've enjoyed playing it and I'm looking forward to play more games like this in the future.

    The opponent had the same rating as me so it was a confirmation of my current level. Enough said, let's go to the game and enjoy some nice forks



  • 24 months ago · Quote · #2

    gpobernardo

    Alright, here's what I've got.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #3

    KeyserSzoze

    gpobernardo, thanks for posting this. I've calculated some time before sacrificing the bishop for the queen but I was not able to see the defending solution

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #4

    blueemu

    Is there some specific reason that 3. Nxe5 doesn't work?

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #5

    MSC157

    blueemu wrote:

    Is there some specific reason that 3. Nxe5 doesn't work?

    No, white should try this although there is a defence with 2...Qe7

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #6

    blueemu

    MSC157 wrote:
    blueemu wrote:

    Is there some specific reason that 3. Nxe5 doesn't work?

    No, white should try this although there is a defence with 2...Qe7

    I'm surprised that 4. Nc4 (after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6 3. Nxe5 Qe7) isn't a book line. It looks OK to me.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #7

    MSC157

    Whoops, I meant 3...Qe7 :)

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #8

    gnuvince

    I'm definitely not a great (or even decent) player, but I took a few minutes to write down my thougts on your game.  Nothing very deep though.



  • 24 months ago · Quote · #9

    thenextprodigy

    2...f6 is a blunder. 3. Nxe5 fxe5 4. Qh5+ g6 5.Qxe5+ Qe7 6. Qxh8 and white has a huge advantage. Not best play by black listed, but a common trap I use as a fellow 1000. Anyway, with perfect play after sacing the knight computer scores it +1.7.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #10

    MSC157

    thenextprodigy wrote:

    2...f6 is a blunder. 3. Nxe5 fxe5 4. Qh5+ g6 5.Qxe5+ Qe7 6. Qxh8 and white has a huge advantage. Not best play by black listed, but a common trap I use as a fellow 1000. Anyway, with perfect play after sacing the knight computer scores it +1.7.

    2...f6 is not a blunder. In your line, blunder is 4...g6.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #11

    KeyserSzoze

    Guys, thanks for your analysis and replyes.

    I have some questions: 

    What should play white after this move? How his queen can run away from there?

    And the second one:

    MSC, you say blunder is 4 ...g6. The only option left is the one above. What should play white next? Are there other best moves for black?

    Gnuvince, I've enjoyed your comments a lot :)


  • 24 months ago · Quote · #12

    hicetnunc

    Hi Keyser,

    In the first diagram, I like 7.d3, protecting e4 and preparing Bh6 which threatens a queen trade on f8, thus leaving white with a huge material advantage in the coming endgame.

    In the 2nd diagram, 9.h4 looks like the most natural way to continue the attack, opening more lines on the black king and getting the rook in the fight.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #13

    KeyserSzoze

    Hi hicetnunc and thanks for the answer.

    After h4 white cannot capture with the g pawn cause it's pinned to the bishop. Is here any hope for black to save the game? I've looked over some variations and all of them lead to mate or huge material loss

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #14

    MSC157

    KeyserSzoze wrote:

    Guys, thanks for your analysis and replyes.

    I have some questions: 

     

    What should play white after this move? How his queen can run away from there?

    And the second one:

     

    MSC, you say blunder is 4 ...g6. The only option left is the one above. What should play white next? Are there other best moves for black?

    Gnuvince, I've enjoyed your comments a lot :)


    Sorry, I forgot theory about Damiano a bit :) Both are terrible for black, blunder starts at fxN. Only Qe7 & Ne7 save black a bit.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #15

    AndyClifton

    You could play 9 b4 right away, since 9... Qxa3 10 Rb3 wins the queen.

    It's not considered a "sacrifice" if you will win your opponent's queen if he takes a piece.  Black had to play 14... Nc6.  And now you will have to defend your knight, which is why I don't think 14 Bb5 was your best move.  14 Bxf8 seems a good idea, since now your opponent will not be able to castle.

    Also 13 Bxh6 gh 14 Nh4 seems likely to get Black into hot water early on.

    Of course there's nothing wrong with picking off an extra rook like you did, but I would've been more likely to have played 19 d4+, trying to get at the exposed king as soon as possible.

    And in gpobernardo's line, 25 Rb5+ Kd6 26 Nf5+ is even stronger.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #16

    MSC157

    KeyserSzoze wrote:

    Guys, thanks for your analysis and replyes.

    I have some questions: 

     

    What should play white after this move? How his queen can run away from there?

    And the second one:

     

    MSC, you say blunder is 4 ...g6. The only option left is the one above. What should play white next? Are there other best moves for black?

    Gnuvince, I've enjoyed your comments a lot :)


    In the 2nd line, blunder is Kg6 instead od d5. It leads to quick mate!

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #17

    melvinbluestone

    blueemu wrote:
    MSC157 wrote:
    blueemu wrote:

    Is there some specific reason that 3. Nxe5 doesn't work?

    No, white should try this although there is a defence with 2...Qe7

    I'm surprised that 4. Nc4 (after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6 3. Nxe5 Qe7) isn't a book line. It looks OK to me.

    4.Nc4 is probably just barely OK for white. But after 4...Qxe4 5.Qe2 Qxe2 6.Bxe2 d5 7.Ne3 c3 (or maybe even 7...d4), it doesn't seem white has any advantage. But maybe 5.Ne3 has possibilties. This continuation is so obvious it must have been tried before. So there's probably something wrong with it, because I didn't see it in any DBs I checked. Anyway, 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f6 3.Nxe5 Qe7 4.Nf3 Qxe4+ 5.Be2 is quite alright for white.


Back to Top

Post your reply: