Forums

Sacrifying a lot of things

Sort:
pauix

In this game, I tried to sac a Knight, then I sacced a rook and finally my opponent took a "poisoned bishop". It's one of the games where I sacced most material:

pauix

I must admit I had drank a liitle more than I should have when both playing and doing the analysis... So I'm sorry if it's full of mistakes. Embarassed

johnsmith1928

well played. must say im impressed how good the game was for your rating but then again i dont really understand why my rating is the way it is.. and especially that knight on b3... very interesting, if you had seent fw up already whenumadetmove.

pauix
laughdamitlaugh wrote:

well played. must say im impressed how good the game was for your rating but then again i dont really understand why my rating is the way it is.. and especially that knight on b3... very interesting, if you had seent fw up already whenumadetmove.

I did it thinking of 19.axb3 Rxb3, with an interesting position (his pawns, specially the one on b2, would be weak if the queen had to move, and after placing the queen on a good spot I had thought of an almost immediate Rxb2. I didn't calculate any big line, I just had a lot of potential ideas and was waiting for my opponent to move). However, my opponent didn't accept the sac, and I had to calculate again from the start