Forums

Smother Mate Sneak Attack Opening

Sort:
learningthemoves

Howdy Chess Addicts,

Figured I'd kill a little time playing blitz while busy procrastinating on some work I should have done instead and thought I'd share a fun, recent win "a la smothermate style" Tongue Out

Without Father Adoo,

here's the game...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the most important thing,

Enjoy!

joephilly

Sweet Got to be a smothered mate trophy somewhere/ That is the coolest mate.

Now for the barrage of nasty comments at you. LOL

learningthemoves

@Tercarte Thanks my friend.

@JoePhilly Thanks my friend! Yeah, lol, was just goofing off a bit and thought somebody other than me might enjoy it if shared.

LOL. Yeah, if there is a comment ambush of haters, we'll just have to call it "Smother Hate" on this one. Peace!

jhodge

I'm not sure if I've ever won a game by smothered mate; I prefer the pure violence of an . . . unsmothered mate?  I guess thats what it's called.

learningthemoves
jhodge wrote:

I'm not sure if I've ever won a game by smothered mate; I prefer the pure violence of an . . . unsmothered mate?  I guess thats what it's called.

Ah! Unsmothered mate...now you may be really on to something with that right there. That's so crazy it just might work! But, You mean you don't have to smother mate to win? And all this time...Here I was thinking to myself, "Nope. Not a win, because there was no smother mate. A checkmate is just like check unless it's a smother."

I keed, I keed.

On a more serious note, I never looked at win by smothermate as more of a pacifist's checkmate, but now that you mention the pure violence preference for its unsmothering counterpart, I guess full disclosure is I did have the gut feeling that there was some world peace being contributed to by the pure execution of it. 

dogsix

:D