Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Strange Opening

• 4 years ago · Quote · #1

Darwood

Quite proud of this little game I just played. I don't know what black was thinking with 3. ... f5. Any ideas?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #2

_Chess_Boy_

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 4 years ago · Quote · #3

ninevah

I'm not a d4 expert but I think the f5 move is something like the Dutch defense with different move order. It's played very poorly in this game but that's another story.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

Jmoney432

y would he move to kf8  ?????????????????????

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

meier2009

Darwood wrote:

Quite proud of this little game I just played. I don't know what black was thinking with 3. ... f5. Any ideas?

Perhaps because he/she was a 1275 rated player, does not require explanation. You are proud of a game with a lower ranked player? A bit bragadocious, don't you think?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

AndyClifton

I would've just played 6 Qxd4.

In the game Black could've made things a bit messy with 7... Nf6.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

LAexpress12

meier2009 wrote:
    Darwood wrote:

Perhaps because he/she was a 1275 rated player, does not require explanation. You are proud of a game with a lower ranked player? A bit bragadocious, don't you think?

just remember, as long as your not kasprov, there is always someone higher rated then yourself

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

Bubatz

Well, 5.Ne5 actually throws away the advantage. 5..Qe7 and Black is fine.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #9

meier2009

Bubatz wrote:

Well, 5.Ne5 actually throws away the advantage. 5..Qe7 and Black is fine.

Yes Bubatz, correct... I think being overly excited about a game with a novice player is nothing to brag about, wouldn't you agree. In my mind not so impressive, this game that is being shared with us.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

Silfir

Staunton Gambit Declined reached by transposition?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #11

Seine

Staunton gambit is never played like that. Normaly the dutch defence starts with the f5 played first and followed with the e4 pawn by white. Not something for the faint hearted and very messy. The dutch defence is very sound though and you can play it in most openings precented by white except e4! like in this game.

Personaly i dont like to open up the F line from the start.  And if you like it you can take a look at the birds opening as a white player.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #12

gozz

well, lets all hope that the guy with black resolves to bounce back with a bang. and a different opening, maybe...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #13

Darwood

meier2009 wrote:
    Darwood wrote:

It was two years ago when I was rated 1200 and had just played my first game online.

Post your reply: