Forums

Tales from the bottom

Sort:
Xilmi

Here's an annoted  game of mine. It was played on 15|10 and is nothing for weak nerves as it contains massive blunders. Actually it's so blunderful that I think that's exactly what makes it fun to watch.

LikeTheLake

Hey Ximi.  Pretty funny story.  A brief comment; move 21...Rxd1+is a Zwisschenzug which is typically hard to spot at the 1000 level, the normal move would have been 21...Rxc8.  Mistakes aside, cool read.  Cheers.

Xilmi
LikeTheLake wrote:

move 21...Rxd1+is a Zwisschenzug which is typically hard to spot at the 1000 level, the normal move would have been 21...Rxc8.

Had he not done this, I would not have left h2 undefended and the Double-Queen-hang most likely would never have happend!

Oh, and we 1100s are much better than the 1000 level! :D

LikeTheLake

This double-queen hang is chesslarious!

blueemu

Hanging Queen takes Hanging Queen... you don't see THAT every day.

Xilmi wrote: Here's an annoted  game of mine. It was played on 15|10 and is nothing for weak nerves...

I would have said: "It's no sight for a sober man".

blueemu
orangeishblue wrote:

Is there a word more overused by chessplayers than the word "annotated"?

"... and wins."

I guess that's TWO words.

Xilmi
The following game shows how even a weakly executed Sicilian is almost a guaranteed victory for Black!

Now the opponent seemed to have fallen over laughing or something. I was expecting him to 0-0-0, which would totally have thwarthed any threat I had but he timed out.

So the Sicilian, despite being played with a few inaccuracies, gave me a triumphant victory!

benedictus

Lol! Another comment you should have added to the Sicilian game on move 12: developing the bishop with tempo! Stronger than Qa8#, which would be a second queen move in the opening. 

Xilmi

This wasn't my shortest game in terms of moves but it was the shortest where the opponent actually resigned by clicking the resign-button instead of letting the clock run out. So this showed a great sign of sportsmanship!

Phylar
orangeishblue wrote:

Is there a word more overused by chessplayers than the word "annotated"?

I dunno, yelling out "CHECKMATE!" in a crowded coffee house or internet cafe might be up there.

Xilmi

Typical mating-position:

White Queen is sandwiched between white and black King. Other black guys just watching.

Game contained also a royal fork and me sacrificing 2 rooks in order to prevent checkmate, when there had been much better options had I considered them a move sooner.