Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

the oldest chess game recorded

• 11 months ago · Quote · #41

batgirl

HJR Murray called this early Muhammadan the earliest recorded game.  Ayoubi-W did a great job putting it into a modern chess viewer.  Murray's account, from the Nov. 1903 "BCM," can be read HERE.

• 11 months ago · Quote · #42

ivandh

"And verily didst he say unto them "gg" and did inspire within their tempestuous hearts a thunder of scorn and fury." - The Loose Canon

This is estimated by Pastafarian scholars to have taken place around roughly one million billion trillion B.C. (before croutons).

• 11 months ago · Quote · #43

Talfan1

this can not be answered as many want to claim the founding of this game 10th century is early but..... the isle  of lewis chessmen are earlier but where they used for chess king arthur was reputed to have a chessboard but was it for chess? without proof i offer this opinion for your amusement and ridicule chess was handed to us by non earth beings to our now lost Atlantean civilisation and as such it found its way by seafaring refugees to europe africa asia where it took on many forms of logic games as i say if you dont agree best is to ignore this post but if you strongly disagree then feel free to lambast it

• 10 months ago · Quote · #44

Chessman265

1. Kb4 Kd6

2. Kc4 Ke6

3. Kd4 Kf6

4. Kd5 Kf7

5. Ke5 Kg7

6. Ke6 Kf8

7. Kd6 Ke8

8. Kc6 Kd8

9. Kb6 Kc8

10. Kc5 Kd7

11. Kb5 Kc7

12. Kc4 Kd6

13. Kb4 Ke5

14. Ka3 Kd5

15. Kb3 Ke4

16. Ka2 Kd3

17. Qb4 Kc4

18. Qa3 - Solution given by GM Yuki Averbakh

• 8 months ago · Quote · #45

Ayoubi-W

batgirl wrote:

HJR Murray called this early Muhammadan the earliest recorded game.  Ayoubi-W did a great job putting it into a modern chess viewer.  Murray's account, from the Nov. 1903 "BCM," can be read HERE.

thank you and thanks to everyone who joined us 

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #46

papajo_r

and why does white have the advantage? at the last board black has dxe4+ and cant be taken thus resulting in a royal fork even if bishop takes on e4 queen takes queen safely 

generally I think black was better most of the time. (I mean besides the cemetrical moves that didnt favor him)  

Post your reply: