Forums

Watch Your Queen!

Sort:
batgirl

Ok, not a great game, perhaps, but I beat my higher rated opponent after he blundered away his Queen.

doctor_seuss

great game

batgirl

Well, winning on an opponent's oversight doesn't really make for a great game.  I guess the game is more a caveat to always be careful how you treat your lady. . .  "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." (Joni Mitchell)

kiwi-inactive
batgirl wrote:

Well, winning on an opponent's oversight doesn't really make for a great game.  I guess the game is more a caveat to always be careful how you treat your lady. . .  "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." (Joni Mitchell)

lol

At 8. Qd2, black should of been aware to the threat of whites black bishop diagonal on e3.

At move 11, white plays Ng3, I feel blacks response pawn h6 was weak, instead of h6, black maybe should of considered re-routing the knight on e7, to g8 then f6, challenge the center and utilize that powerful bishop on b7.

Pawn to h6 for black, forces black to now defend this weak pawn, thus reducing the potential for active pieces. 

The talking point is move 26, white played pawn f6, check on king, black plays Kh7, I can assume the only logical reason why black didn't capture the pawn on f6 with the queen was because it would bring whites rooks into play. Then again what would someone rated in the higher quartile of 1400 know. 

That being said, nice capture batgirl. 

batgirl

Thanks, Kiwi.  Black did contribute as much to his own demise as I did.  It was a 5 minute game, so not all of one's knee-jerk moves are the best.  Maybe, whoever has the less jerky kness wins?

batgirl

MorphynKapa, I have to love anyone with Morphy in their name.  Capablanca is just the frosting on the cake.

micah_98
batgirl wrote:

... "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." (Joni Mitchell)

How true... I have given my queen away one too many times...  nice game anyway.

Alex1968

Your games show how usefull is to study classic games!

stephen_33

batgirl, even allowing for your opponent's blunder you still played well in that game ! In a 5-minute game, I'd barely have enough time to move the pieces, never mind think     Wink

I also like the way you save your opponent's blushes by not showing their name - not enough people show that much respect.