Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Well I just beat a 2023

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

theunsjb

Nice game, but your opponent is nowhere near 2000 strength I'm afraid.  His game statistics makes no sense.  He is rated 2120 (at the time of writing) but he constantly loses against opponents rated in their 1000's (a recent game lost against a 1042 player and another game to a 1129 rated player).  He only plays unrated games in order to keep his 2120 rating.

Furthermore, if you check out his first games, he lost against a 930 rated player (unrated game) but then magically on the same day beats 1700 and 1800 rated players (rated games).

Wow, it seems as if playing rated games really gives this guy the boost he needs to win games eh? Tongue out

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

boglejubo

can't see a2000 player just letting you trade all the pieces off like that

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

fischerSONJR

its not the rating that counts, these are just numbers...what counts is your moves and if you win with a high rated players it means you have improved and absolutely..your better than him in that game!or even your more knowledgeable...in chess!  AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR UNDERSTANDING IN CHESS IS SHARPER THAN HIS! CONGRTULATIONS! KEEP UP! BEAT ALL THE GUIRELLAS!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #24

CHCL

Who is this player you played? I played someone with a 2000 rating and beat him. I think it is the same person because he played VERY WEAK in the endgame.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #25

ChristianSoldier007

@CHCL programmer88.

@FischerSONJR thanks!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #26

waffllemaster

The other uncomfortable thing about c5 are those light squares.  White plays 14.Bxe6? and 16.exd5?  very odd IMO.

But can game can't be won without mistakes, so good job :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #27

ChristianSoldier007

thanks wafflemaster!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #28

fischerSONJR

see ya at heaven when rapture came, lets play chess there! @ChristianSoldier007

• 2 years ago · Quote · #29

ChristianSoldier007

haha @fischerSONJR I wonder what opening God plays? lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #30

theunsjb

fischerSONJR wrote:

its not the rating that counts, these are just numbers...what counts is your moves and if you win with a high rated players it means you have improved and absolutely..your better than him in that game!or even your more knowledgeable...in chess!  AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR UNDERSTANDING IN CHESS IS SHARPER THAN HIS! CONGRTULATIONS! KEEP UP! BEAT ALL THE GUIRELLAS!

There are times where the rating does speak volumes.  I checked out progamer88's profile.  He claims to be a chess coach with a FIDE rating of 2123.

Allow me to demonstrate a small example from one of his games played just a day ago.  I can't comment on the whole game, but what struck me was move 65. g5??  where 65. Kg5 would have won the game on the spot.  You mean to tell me a FIDE 2123 does not know the very basics of opposition?

And if you read the previous comments, even IM pfren found this player's game play strange for his supposed rating.  Would anyone who is serious about chess have a 1200 player "coach" them or "analyze" their games?  This player keeps losing games to 900-1200 rated players!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #31

-waller-

Not disputing the point that there is something weird going on with this "2000" player, but in the diagram above, g5 is not a blunder. Since White also has a bishop - to hell with opposition and stuff, it's just a win anyway. In fact g5 probably wins faster than Kg5.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #32

CHCL

I can't find programmer88's profile!!! Can someone link it to this forum? Thanks.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #33

ChristianSoldier007

• 2 years ago · Quote · #34

NachtWulf

Is this enough evidence to convict him of scamming? It would suck if someone was actually willing to pay him for lessons.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #35

ChristianSoldier007

yeah if it was a scam. I offer lessons to beginners and I make chess videos myself too, but I dont charge

• 2 years ago · Quote · #36

NachtWulf

More evidence below. Nobody 2000+ should make those tactical blunders, even in a 5 minute game.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #37

ChristianSoldier007

ok so i guess not a sstrong win :( but im still happy with the game

• 2 years ago · Quote · #38

CzarKasTicDUDE

make it a habit, scalp an over 2000 player

• 2 years ago · Quote · #39

Conflagration_Planet

Maybe this thread should be moved to the cheating forum group.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #40

Greenmtnboy

Congratulations!  Actually, speed chess is not a barometer of anything necessarily.  My rating swings between mid-1700s and 1900s regularly with 3 minute chess--games are won as often on time as skill.

Post your reply: