Forums

Your free lessons by Sebastien Lebel ( SebLeb0210 ) lesson 2 ! :)

Sort:
pelly13

@Irontiger:

Before your midget emperor Napoleon Bonapart took it in his head to send his brother to rule the Dutch in the early 1800s , we were pure people. We had names like Jan Pietersen , the son (sen) of Pieter. The anglo and scandinavian people had that too : Johnson , O'Connor and Ericsson to name a few. In Canada there is a man called Seb Nodad.

Under french rule we had to be registered and were forced to pick a family name , whatever name you wanted. The name got stuck with you and your offspring. My mother's side is Groen (green) and many of the names of my fellow villagers are that of colors or professions.

The french were kicked out of Holland in 1813 by a group of girl-scouts but their influence remained. When I went to school , I had to learn Dutch of course , but also German , English and yes , French. I only hated to learn french a little less than german.

Have a look at what we were taught by our French teacher :

"Un deux trois , ou est le Roi. Quatre cinq six , avec son fills. Sept huite neuf , il manger une oeuf. Dix onze douce , sur la pelouse."

Does this make sense , is there anything to learn from this ? Doesn't this sound Sedlebian to you ? Is this all the french can teach us ? A King and his sons , eating an egg on the pelouse ? WHO CARES !

Monsieur Tiger , le tigre du fer , you are not worth talking to.

Oh yes , I forgot about the names. Here's a couple , they are names of real chessplayers : Liqa Madiq and Munchma Quchi.

SebLeb0210

Yeah, your french teacher was learning you things that realy does not mater.

pelly13

Some people mix things up completely. There is this guy on the forum who keeps confusing teaching and learning. He said something like : "Yeah, your french teacher was learning you things that realy does not mater. " The core of his misconception is : teacher was learning .

I always thought that the teacher teaches and the pupil learns. A teacher learning something to somebody is ridiculous but not impossible , the OP has proven that many times.

A good teacher listens to his pupils. He learns from them to become an even better teacher. A good teacher remembers that he once was a pupil himself. A good teacher will always be a pupil. A very good teacher knows that infact there is little or too much to be known.

When the masochist begged the sadist to hit him , the latter said : 'No.'

idreesarif

lol

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:

lol

Did you type this elaborate, highly insulting and painful message yourself or was it a matter of copy/paste ?

idreesarif
pelly13 wrote:
idreesarif schreef:

lol

Did you type this elaborate, highly insulting and painful message yourself or was it a matter of copy/paste ?

lol

idreesarif

I am now using the SadLab forums to satisfy my need to laugh .....

Thank You pelly and SadLab

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:

I am now using the SadLab forums to satisfy my need to laugh .....

Thank You pelly and SadLab

Please don't mention my name and his in one sentence , or rather your whole post again.

I am glad you find this thread humorous . For me , it makes me Sad.

I wish I could laugh too , like you. Then we could laugh together , or separately if you like. Yes we could be laughing our arses off and piss our pants.  but after that ? Nothing has changed , the Turd is fresh and steaming and awaits the ignorant Fly to take a bite at him.

idreesarif

I am laughing again .........

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:

You would be laughing more if you wouldn't have posted some of your reduntant comments and left space for some usefull contributions. When you have finished laughing , I await some sense coming from you.

In my profession , laughing is not appropriate . I wanted to be the best in the west , so I gave up on having any humour at all.

You make me wonder idreesarif , are you French ?

idreesarif
pelly13 wrote:
idreesarif schreef:

You would be laughing more if you wouldn't have posted some of your reduntant comments and left space for some usefull contributions. When you have finished laughing , I await some sense coming from you.

In my profession , laughing is not appropriate . I wanted to be the best in the west , so I gave up on having any humour at all.

You make me wonder idreesarif , are you French ?

No I m not :)

P.S. I have finally stopped laughing

idreesarif

good point

pelly13

bilingual too ..

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:

good point

In Holland we say : "Hallo mijn vriend . Bedankt voor het lachen."

What do you say in Pakistan ?

idreesarif

Hello my friend. Thanks for the laugh.

idreesarif

as-salaam o alaykum. hansaane ke liye shukriya.

as-salaam o alaykum. (this is the standard greeting of muslims, in arabic, means 'peace/blessings be upon you')

hansaane ke liye shukriya. (this is the urdu translation of 'Thanks for the Laugh')

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:

Excellent translation !

idreesarif
pelly13 wrote:
idreesarif schreef:

Excellent translation !

Google Translate Rocks !!!

pelly13

@idreesarif:

Then "as-salaam o alaykum"  and "merhaba " to you sir.

I hope "shukriya" means laughing , cause it rings like "chuck(le)" and would be easier to remember.

pelly13
idreesarif schreef:
pelly13 wrote:
idreesarif schreef:

"Hallo mijn vriend . Bedankt voor het lachen."

Excellent translation !

Google Translate Rocks !!!

Couldn't you deduce/translate that from my words without using a translator. I think what I wrote can be easily understood by both Anglo and Scandinavian people.