Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

1000 ELO in Bullet, 1100 in Blitz, 2000 in Long games???

• 4 months ago · Quote · #61

wjcsz

minor7b5 wrote:

Hikaru Nakamura has a sub 1300 blitz rating and a nearly 3000 bullet rating. He must be cheating. Honestly though, I think people's correspondence ratings tend to be a few hundred points higher than their blitz ratings in the first place, so that accounts for some of it. Futhermore, I think a big part of someone's online chess "strength" is just how much time they spend working out their moves. If there are two players playing correspondence, one is rated 1500 otb and the other 2000, if 2000 rated player spends ten seconds on each of his moves and the 1500 rated player spends an hour, I think the lower rated player would win. A lot of people on chess.com just don't spend much time thinking about their moves in online chess, and players who care more take advantage of that. I just played a 1300 rated player who blundered his queen on the third move play the Scandinavian defense. He didn't even bother looking at a database to see how people play his chosen opening!

Yes.I agree with you.  I think a big part of someone's online chess "strength" is just how much time they spend working out their moves.

One of my friends beat me many time in live chess.  But his correspondence chess rating is much lower than me ,because he plays correspondence chess very quickly,he joined every tournament of team china,plays hundreds of games simultaneously.Finishes thousands of games a year.

On the contrary,I played very slowly(

) devoted a lot of attention and care to every game,  so my rating is much higher .

• 4 months ago · Quote · #62

johnyoudell

Banning dozens a day isn't efficient, its mad.

• 4 months ago · Quote · #63

wjcsz

The strongest correspondence player of chess.com is 

mrbill

His online rating is 2597,bullet rating 1466,blitz 1646,standard rating 1652.

almost 1000 lower.

• 4 months ago · Quote · #64

wjcsz

The second strongest correspondence player of chess.com is

The_Evil_Ducklings

His online rating is 2542,but his standard rating is merely 1428.

Click 'chess.com',on the top left, you will find a list of top 5 players (bullet ,blitz ,correspondence).

• 4 months ago · Quote · #65

wjcsz

Post your reply: