14541 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
21. people who make their (chess) moves very quickly
22. people who make their moves very slowly
23. people who time out inexplicably
24. deep philosophical discussions
25. live chess, tactic trainer, tournaments, great articles (I’m told)
26. games and puzzles with comments
27. 360 chess (not that I get it)
28. very good lady chess players
29. chess.com staff who actually answer my questions
30. ratings and the motivation to want to improve
31. people rated below me who pull off amazing wins
32. people rated above me who make surprising blunders
33. losing won positions
34. winning lost positions
35. people who resign when they lose the initiative
36. people who play on even when their position is utterly lost
37. the need to think first
39. a growing repertoire of favoured openings
40. chess can be fun
41. chess can be frustrating (especially when stuck for a move)
42. inaccuracies, mistakes and, dare I say it, blunders
44. enemies (actually few if any)
45. being humiliated by a better player
46. being humiliated by a lesser player
47. coming back later and getting a result against my nemesis
48. being asked to be an Admin for a group I care about
49. Murphy’s law reinforced - “don’t assume anything”
50. learning humility - an ongoing process :)
what about those who time out in tournaments without making a move , dont get them why register then not play.
29. chess.com staff is nice.
"Titled Tuesday LATE EVENT! Host IM Danny Rensch"
Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?
by Tom_Brady_SB49_Champ 5 minutes ago
2001-3000 Worst Things To Do While Playing Chess
by Furope 8 minutes ago
12/1/2015 - Kosolapov - Nezhmetdinov, Kazan 1936
by cutiepierock 8 minutes ago
I WANTS TO BECOME A "WORLD CHAMPION"
by Conflagration_Planet 15 minutes ago
by Robert0905 17 minutes ago
Chigorin's Defense - QGD ?
by MorraMeister 18 minutes ago
My repertoire and improvements
by ylblai2 28 minutes ago
How Long Will I Stay Kicked?
by dtownva 34 minutes ago
Help! No matter what I do I get Out-Theoried
by Christopher_Parsons 54 minutes ago
What's better, the Queen's Gambit or the King's Gambit?
by SmyslovFan 55 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!