Forums

A groundbreaking Opening!!

Sort:
ZerglingRush

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

With 3.e5, white furthers her development of the center by pushing a pawn twice towards the center.  If 3... Qe6, then 4. RaB8!!  and it will be hard for black to make drawing chances.  

Atos

Well, this one is definitely not playable.

TheOldReb

Put the pipe down, and back away slowly !

TheGrobe

Perhaps the Bongcloud Opening would be more your speed.

sbowers3
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

With 3.e5, white furthers her development of the center by pushing a pawn twice towards the center.  If 3... Qe6, then 4. RaB8!!  and it will be hard for black to make drawing chances.  

Better would be 3.d5! attacking the knight. A continuation might be 3...Ne7 4.Nxe5 c6 5.dxf7#.

TheOldReb
sbowers3 wrote:
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

Better would be 3.d5! attacking the knight. A continuation might be 3...Ne7 4.Nxe5 c6 5.dxf7#.

After  1 e4  e5   2 Nf3  Nc6   3 e5 isnt even possible and neither is 3 d5 ..... are y'all high or what ?

PrawnEatsPrawn
Reb wrote:
sbowers3 wrote:
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

After  1 e4  e5   2 Nf3  Nc6   3 e5 isnt even possible and neither is 3 d5 ..... are y'all high or what ?

Sniffing too many newly-varnished chess boards. It's tough to stop once you've started, so just say "No!", kiddies.

jonnyjupiter

I like 1.e4 Nd9

It throws my opponent every time. Immediate victory.

sbowers3
padman wrote:

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. e5?! e5! and black has a pretty comfortable game. White probably has to retreat his pawn.

But black is already on e5. I think you meant 3...e4!, which preserves the pawn symmetry and attacks the knight on f3.

Perplexing
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

Lol this is impossible!

Tnk64ChessCourse

How does this guy have a higher rating than I do?

orangehonda
padman wrote:

That's crafty, but there was a refutation that came out of Slovenia a couple of years ago.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. e5?! e5! and black has a pretty comfortable game. White probably has to retreat his pawn.

lol, yes a pawn retreat is probably white's best bet at this point Laughing

jedzz

This is like the time I declared that it was M. Taupe in the broom closet with the Slap Chop.

Conquistador

Guys, you got it all wrong. You must play this:

1.e4 e5 2.Ke2! Nc6 3.Kf3!

Black generally gives up at the sight of the white king trying to checkmate black.

jerry2468

Yes the word groundbreaking is literal when describing the square under the e5 pawn

chry3841

i like to open 1.e4 e5 2.dxe8, it's very useful at lower levels, I don't play it at the first move to have some sort of surprise, i'm very disappointed to don't ever see this in grandmaster chess

Sigmoid_Flexure
jonnyjupiter wrote:

I like 1.e4 Nd9

It throws my opponent every time. Immediate victory.

Is that throwing the knight in his lap? that might hurt him enough to retire. But this guy is unbeatable, watch him win with Rxa7 every time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsT-1UcGCXU&feature=fvw

checkersgosu
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

It doesn't seem like the knights are really contributing.

Better would be:

1. e5  e5

2. e5! e5?

3. e5?!! (threatening 4. e5! e5, 5. e5+!!)

3... e5 (preparing 4... e5, 5. e5? e5!! 6. e5 e5!!!!, winning for black)

4. e5! e5!!+

5. e5?! (paving the way to push e5) 

5... e5 (the only way to delay white's push on e5 is to occupy it first)

6. e5+!!! (and things aren't looking so good for black)

Sigmoid_Flexure
checkersgosu wrote:
subatom101 wrote:

1. e4  e5

2.Nf3 Nc6

3.e5! 

It doesn't seem like the knights are really contributing.

Better would be:

1. e5  e5

2. e5! e5?

3. e5?!! (threatening 4. e5! e5, 5. e5+!!)

3... e5 (preparing 4... e5, 5. e5? e5!! 6. e5 e5!!!!, winning for black)

4. e5! e5!!+

5. e5?! (paving the way to push e5) 

5... e5 (the only way to delay white's push on e5 is to occupy it first)

6. e5+!!! (and things aren't looking so good for black)

SMUMNL (sucked milk up my nose laughing)

Perplexing
padman wrote:

That's crafty, but there was a refutation that came out of Slovenia a couple of years ago.

Oh really? I heard that after 3...e5! 4. Ke5 was an absolute winning position for white