Forums

A Unique Smothered Mate

Sort:
HessianWarrior

I thought this was unique because the two pieces that could have taken the attacking Knight were pinned to the King.

proKnight98

It's kinda funny to see white trap himself :P

HessianWarrior

Thanks proKnight and Estragon for both of your inputs.

HessianWarrior

He wrote "I missed that, well played".

actualnotanewbie

Wow did not see that coming!

HessianWarrior

Neither did he.

Adilbala

Nice game..

pdela

what is "Unigue"?

HessianWarrior
u·nique
yo͞oˈnēk/
adjective
adjective: unique
  1. 1.
    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
    "the situation was unique in modern politics"
    synonyms: distinctive, distinct, individual, special, idiosyncratic;More
    informalone-off, one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime, one-shot
    "each site is unique"

1. 1.

actualnotanewbie

I think he said unigue.

HessianWarrior
mapayt wrote:

I think he said unigue.

You're right mapayt but there is no English word spelled 'unigue'. Pdela is from Pain; oh wait a minute I meant Spain, anyway sometimes he has a little problem with English when it suits him.

g-man15
HessianWarrior wrote:
mapayt wrote:

I think he said unigue.

You're right mapayt but there is no English word spelled 'unigue'. Pdela is from Pain; oh wait a minute I meant Spain, anyway sometimes he has a little problem with English when it suits him.

A Unigue Smothered Mate 

this is why he asked. you used g instead of q in the title.

HessianWarrior

Yes you are right, then in my first post with the game I used the q, but just so you know everything I said about pdela is true.

g-man15

yes, he is quite the troll. so don't feed him with comments like the one i quoted. fight him with calm, polite replies.

HessianWarrior
g-man15 wrote:

yes, he is quite the troll. so don't feed him with comments like the one i quoted. fight him with calm, polite replies.

He is my friend and and I never get vicious with him, I just try and pull his pointy tail whenever I can.

g-man15

yeah, ok. Whatever floats you goat.

HessianWarrior
g-man15 wrote:

Thanks for caring about my goats g-man. By the way what did you think about the game?

g-man15
HessianWarrior wrote:
g-man15 wrote:

Thanks for caring about my goats g-man. By the way what did you think about the game?

oh, yeah. considering that's what the thread is about, i should probably say something about that. I thought that it was a great game, i love the way you used the pins in that mate. and the middle game involved some impressive closed positional play. i'll give it, 1 and a half thumbs up

rbjones999

Nice. What move did you see the mate threat?

HessianWarrior

After 29. Re2  Qxc4 I saw the chance to mate him. 30. Bb4 was an obstacle but I over came it. He didn't even see it coming.