Forums

After watching game one of the World Chess Championship, now who will win?

Sort:
DarknisMetalDragon

Game 1 ended in a draw. Magnus Carlsen had white. He played the Neo-Grunfeld. ECO: D71

royalbishop

Anand will win...... the runner up trophy.

gaereagdag

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TThe first game was more effective at putting you to sleep than a dose of horse tranquiliser.

royalbishop

Old man Anand does not have what it takes to go past 16 moves any more.

Push him out the seat and find Bobby Fischer.... oh he is .... sorry.

Ok how about Ruy Lopez...oh sorry again.

Carlsen Jr?  Sorry again he is not born yet.

Ok then bring back the boring Old Man.

gaereagdag

Bring back Korchnoi! Sexist $%$#hole that he is, he is always up for the fight! Laughing

ponz111

Actually Anand did well in the opening and at one point could have had an advantage but did not press.

The fact that he did not press is not good for him. It may be  a sign of age or early fatique.

While some would say the game put them to sleep this was a really hard game for both sides to play. Lots of complex variations.

rooperi
ponz111 wrote:

Actually Anand did well in the opening and at one point could have had an advantage but did not press.

The fact that he did not press is not good for him. It may be  a sign of age or early fatique.

While some would say the game put them to sleep this was a really hard game for both sides to play. Lots of complex variations.

At last, somebody who agrees with me.

najdorf96

Y'know, i wouldn't exactly say that it's Anand's stamina that is in question. I would venture to say he played the Perfect First Game Strategy vs the Wunderkind: tight, game management. Didn't get ahead of himself, played confidently. Obviously well prepped. Besides, the Onus (the pressure) was/is on Carlsen to live up to all the hype, and take it to Anand...not the other way around. It showed, consciously or unconsciously, in his (Magnus) play from his Opening choice to being virtually forced into the three-fold repetition claim. I enjoyed the game, though. Heh. Next!

royalbishop

Anand played cowardly. Going for the draw and not the win.

If this was an opponent you just played here you be screaming you want a rematch. And i am sure like many others Anand would run and not give a rematch.