Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Anand vs Carlsen (2014)

• 7 months ago · Quote · #81

Ziryab

Jion_Wansu wrote:

Can we delete all Anand/Carlsen threads and only keep one thread? How many of these threads are there?

No. Too many.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #82

johnmusacha

Let a hundred flowers blossom.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #83

varelse1

zapped wrote:

I strongly agree with Jion_Wansu! We, the chess community, need only one MAIN thread to keep us up and Informed with this upcoming WC match! Let's all come together in one forum thread and talk about the upcoming challenge to be WC and perhaps beating our current World Champion Magnus Carlsen! Anybody else agrees or disagrees, then, if not, then WHY? Just put our minds on one official forum location. Maybe, this is one of those situations whereby ERIC is called to give his opinion and suggestions on this matter. The World Champion Chess player is super important to our chess community and chess enthusiasts all over the world. Eric, at least, chime in and give us your two cents worth! Lol

I agreed eith Zapped!

Let's all start 7,8 threads each, demanding that there only be ONE Varlsen-Anamd thread!

Power2thePeople

• 7 months ago · Quote · #84

idoun

Anand can beat Carlsen if he plays his cards right. He should not announce his seconds like he did last year (we still don't know Carlsen's seconds). He needs to listen to the advice of his seconds and choose people who will challenge him. Everyone but Anand seemed to see his self-implosion in the last match but the seconds were apparently relegated to openings preparation and nothing more. He also has to get in better physical shape. This is a big difference between the 2 players.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #85

IndianHarry

I am looking for a tough match let see how it goes.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #86

BlackbirdBlackbird

blueemu wrote:
    netzach wrote:

He will be older in 2014.

Only on Planet Ivanchuk does time run backwards!

Planet Ivanchuk?

• 7 months ago · Quote · #87

BlackbirdBlackbird

I am hoping that Magnus Carlsen will win.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #88

idoun

BlackbirdBlackbird wrote:
    blueemu wrote:
    netzach wrote:

He will be older in 2014.

Only on Planet Ivanchuk does time run backwards!

Planet Ivanchuk?

Planet Ivanchuk is a pretty common expression, Ivanchuk is so different from other people that it's like he is living on his own planet.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #89

zapped

I am still hoping that the world chess community comes together as a whole and comment on the upcoming rematch between Magnus Carlsen and Viswanathan "Vishy" Anard. Am I wrong or is it best to have a multitude of threads pertaining to the Chess World Championship? The question is: SHOULD WE AS THE WORLD CHESS COMMUNITY, come together, or be involved in dozens, if not more forum threads of the Carlsen-Anand rematch? What are all of you thinking? I just don't know, so, please help if you can ... OK? Boils down to ... Is it better to have 1 thread to turn to or a multitude of threads covering the same event? Gets kind of confusing and one never knows if they subscribed to the newest, best, informative forum thread. HELP!

• 7 months ago · Quote · #90

varelse1

Is it possible Kasparov is training Anand???

• 7 months ago · Quote · #91

IndianHarry

I don't think so.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #92

zapped

No, Garry Kasparov and Magnus Carlsen have a very good relationship. Kasparov believes that the future belongs to the younger generation and Magnus is half of Vishy's age.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #93

The_Ghostess_Lola

varelse1 wrote:

Shrewd speculation my beloved creature....Smile....and yes, it is possible....and not that unlikely....just think, hmmm....and yes, GK can be acquired....Money Mouth....

• 7 months ago · Quote · #94

varelse1

The_Ghostess_Lola wrote:
    varelse1 wrote:

Shrewd speculation my beloved creature........and yes, it is possible....and not that unlikely....just think, hmmm....and yes, GK can be acquired........

I can imagine that comversation:

GK: What happened to you in Chennai?

VA:I dunno, y'know? That Golden Boy, he's ahhh... He's good, y'know?

GK:I remember you used to be great. A killer! But these years of being on top has made you soft. Now heck this out.

VA:Yo, Gary! Ahhh... Whats dis you're showing me on your phone? I mean... where are you?

GK:This is Moscow. this is the chess club where I first started. Look at these guys. What do you see?

VA:Well... I dunno. They don't look too happy, y'know?

GK: That's right! You see that look in their eye? That's the Eye of the Tiger! 

VA: Da whah?

GK: That's the look you used to have in your eye. When WE played. And with my help, you're gonna get that look back!

Post your reply: