Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
AndyClifton

Isn't that that damned nate23?  The clown blocked me.

rooperi

Can a 2700 deliberately lose against a 1300 and make it look realistic?

AndyClifton

Now that's a good question...

DrSpudnik

...with a fairly obvious answer. There's a reason why 1300 players are 1300 after a whole bunch of games and why 2700s are where they are.

cabadenwurt

Good news for those people who luv silly threads. Going back about 9 posts I mentioned that a Fischer vs Magnus Carlsen thread would possibly be started one of these days ( yup, there is one on the go now ). I'm afraid that I've lost track, have we had the Fischer vs Morphy or the Morphy vs Carlsen threads yet ? How about the Fischer vs Kasparov vs Carlsen vs Morphy for the best player of all time ? Laughing   

cabadenwurt

Another entry for the silly thread award: " Did Fischer have a STD ! " ( mind you there are a quite a number of nominees for the silly thread award ).

DrSpudnik

Didn't a recent thread on that get locked?

cabadenwurt

Sorry DrSpudnik I must have missed that thread, mind you it is hard to keep up to date with all of the new items here.

DrSpudnik

I guess we could just start talking about dead GMs with crotchrot and see how long it goes...

cabadenwurt

Well I think that since Fischer came up earlier in this thread I should mention his being a Robot created by the Aliens. I'll put the story in my thread on Star Trek as there is a possible connection.

cabadenwurt

I notice that there is a thread on the go now in these forums where the OP claims to have invented ( or " invinted " ) a new Opening and Trap. That thread has now gone past 1200 posts in his battle to claim his "Well Deserved Honours ". Good Luck to this fellow in his quest ( one must remember that pigs may indeed yet learn to fly ). Smile

AlCzervik

A whole lot of nothing.

blake78613

I have a really silly idea.  If a game for the World Championship is a draw, play a blitz game to decide the result.

rooperi
blake78613 wrote:

I have a really silly idea.  If a game for the World Championship is a draw, play a blitz game to decide the result.

Oh that will never happen :0

DrSpudnik

unimaginable!!

cabadenwurt

In this case I'm afraid that we will have to blame the Aliens. The FIDE President has by his own admission been abducted by the Aliens and my theory is that they brain-washed him. Why would the Aliens interfere with the FIDE ? I guess that the Aliens just have a rather peculiar sense of humour ( after all they brought the FIDE President back, that was real funny ). Laughing  

DrSpudnik

Good! If anyone deserves Alien probes inserted (you know where) it's the FIDE president.

AndyClifton
cabadenwurt wrote:

Another entry for the silly thread award: " Did Fischer have a STD ! " ( mind you there are a quite a number of nominees for the silly thread award ).

Hey hey!  No fair encroaching upon the upcoming Conkies.

cabadenwurt

DrSpudnik: The part I can't understand about the FIDE is how did Karpov lose the election for President ? Doesn't the FIDE want to improve the image of their organization ?

AndyClifton: Sorry, I did not realize that the Conkies were coming out soon, we all await the names of the winning threads. 

DrSpudnik

FIDE is the plaything of corrupt governments. Aside from functioning to give out titles, its other actions are organized to enrich those who control it.