Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
corrijean

I thought Windows_7 is WindowsEnthusiast now. 

cabadenwurt

Oh I see, the old come back with a new name ploy ( as a famous Detective would say ). Laughing

corrijean

I think he got tired of upgrading, so he went more generic. Wink

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the posts Corrijean.

I see that the " Fair Banning " thread has made in onto the Hot Topics forum so the discussion should be a lot of fun over there. Smile

DrSpudnik
cabadenwurt wrote:

Thanks for the recent posts.

I've only been at this site for about 1 year so I must have missed Windows_7.

Over the years I have found that those people who were spoilt by their parents tend to be a bit over the top and feel that they are very important to the operation of this Planet  lol. 

They're compostable!

cabadenwurt

DrSpudnik: Well recycling is all the rage these days so there is a good point to your idea. Smile

DrSpudnik

Just trying to be helpful & nice! Wink

AndyClifton

Dang, I missed Windows' flameout. Frown

cabadenwurt

Well there has been some housecleaning recently at this site, so I suppose that a few more people may get the heave-ho, time moves on ( or as the famous detective would say " the finger writes " ). 

AndyClifton

I thought he said, "The game is afoot."

cabadenwurt

Aha, we are quoting different detectives. I'm a Pink Panther fan and so I left 2 of his sayings on the previous page. Mind you I also like Mr. Holmes as well.

DrSpudnik

cabadenwurt

Ah yes Inspector Clouseau as played by Peter Sellers, I can watch those films over and over. Laughing

cabadenwurt

And now getting back to the silly side of Chess. Earlier I saw a thread in the forums with the words " Game Mechanics " in the title but the thread had been locked ( which intrigued me ). People like myself that like mechanical devices have read Popular Mechanics of course so I was thinking this might be about a new magazine, perhaps covering the mechanics of Chess. However it turned out to be a rather long argument about how to claim a Draw by 3-move repetition, a bit silly I guess. Smile     

batgirl

"it turned out to be a rather long argument about how to claim a Draw by 3-move repetition"

...using a pantograph (a Mechanical Drawing Device)?

AlCzervik

And a compass.

DrSpudnik

pointing north and drawing circles.

corrijean

Crop circles?

cabadenwurt

Thank for the recent posts.

I prefer the Phonograph to the Pantograph, that way I can enjoy my Phonograph Albums ( we've just lost all of the young people  lol ). 

cabadenwurt

Another item to add to our list of silly threads , it seems that someone dislikes the Perpetual Check rule ( never a dull moment ).