Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
cabadenwurt
AlCzervik wrote:
cabadenwurt wrote:

Speaking of interesting threads there is one here now that is entitled " Last one to post is the Biggest Idiot on Chess.com " ( boy that title speaks for itself  lol ).

Haha! And I bet there are hundreds of posts!

Oh, btw, thanks for the new posts, cabby.

--- Well Thank You for the Thank You AlCzervik !

I'm afraid I never caught onto the Bongcloud. It was a case of " Zooooom " and it went right over my head.

To me those " Last one to post ... " threads seem kind of goofy  lol.

cabadenwurt

Another entry in our silly thread department: " Chess Has No Future " ( yup someone has that title on the go ). I imagine that if we were to travel back thru time into the 16th century we would find good old Ruy Lopez busy on his opening problems ( etc ). I'm sure that some character probably walked past Ruy and said " Hey Lopez quit wasting your time with that goofy game it has no future "  lol. 

cabadenwurt

" Strongest Chess Player of All Time ? " asks the title of one thread here. I would say perhaps Arnold Schwarzenegger is near the top of that list ? I mean back when he was competing for the Mr Universe and Mr Olympia titles he was lifting a lot of very heavy weights  ( rofl ).

cabadenwurt

" I want 8 points back right now ! " is the title of one of the threads here, a bit silly perhaps. Well I want my miss-spend youth back, also my money lost on bad investments, etc etc. Good luck on that stuff pal.

cabadenwurt

" Can Chess send you to a mental hospital ? " asks one of the threads here. No I do not think so but one of these threads at this site may do the job for me sooner or later ( ROFL - in a rather odd way ).

cabadenwurt

In recent times there have been several threads here which claim that there is a drop off happening in the quality of topics in these forums ( rather silly I would say ). However I do have a question for these naysayers: What are YOU ( YES YOU ) going to do to IMPROVE this situation ???

cabadenwurt
cabadenwurt wrote:

In recent times there have been several threads here which claim that there is a drop off happening in the quality of topics in these forums ( rather silly I would say ). However I do have a question for these naysayers: What are YOU ( YES YOU ) going to do to IMPROVE this situation ???

--- Having had a few days to reflect on my comments I guess I should admit that things seem to have been a bit quiet in the forums here recently. But look on the bright side, things might improve tomorrow.

cabadenwurt

Certain threads here can become rather tiresome such as these Kasparov vs Fischer ones or now those of the Carlsen vs Fischer type. Well why don't we go right to the source ? We will need the help of a " Medium " ( such as Gypsy Rose ). Here goes:

Gypsy Rose " Hello Bobby please let me know if you can hear me clearly " ( one is yes and two is no ).

Thump ( yes )

Gypsy Rose " Now Bobby we want you to play a game with Carlsen and you get the white pieces. Do you want to play your Queen's pawn to d4 ? "

Thump thump ( no )

GP " Okay how about your King's pawn to e4 ? "

Thump Thump ( no )

GP " Bobby do you ever want to play another game of Chess ? "

Thump thump ( no )

GP " Do you want this whole planet of people to stop bothering you forever ? "

Thump ( yes )

Well folks there you have it. Don't bother him anymore ! 

cabadenwurt

Somebody says they are " Tired of Bobby Fischer Topics ". Interesting, yes very interesting but will it catch on ? 

cabadenwurt

Just saw a cute thread title: " Too Many Threats, Not Enough Solutions ". Well one can have a lot of fun with threads but don't ever fool around with " Threats ". 

cabadenwurt

Another silly item spotted here entitled: " The only reason Fischer became World Champ ". Well if memory serves ( as it sometimes does ) Fischer bcame the Champ by beating Boris Spassky. Okay it is true that Pal Benko moved aside to give Fischer a spot but it was Fischer himself who had to win all of the games needed to become Champ. And it is also said that the USCF rewarded Benko by giving him a column in Chess Life magazine that he kept going for many years ( not a bad trade ).   

cabadenwurt

The subject of 3 player Chess has come up before in this thread and I just happened to spot an ad for such a set. Yes in the new issue of Chess Life there is an ad for the special board and also the Chess pieces for 3 player Chess ( I had no idea that there was still a market for them out there ).

badenwurtca

Another bit of info about 3 Player Chess. This comes from the 4th Season of " Big Bang Theory " where they show an episode in which Sheldon claims to have invented a type of 3 Player Chess, quite funny. 

badenwurtca

Something silly just happened in this thread. I checked the list of threads that I had posted in and it looked like someone had left a new post here. However then when I checked here in this thread there was nothing new ( very silly   lol ). 

badenwurtca
[COMMENT DELETED]
AlCzervik

thanks for the [comment deleted]

badenwurtca

Someone has a topic going now that says the " En Passant " move should be illegal. Well a rule is a rule and if you don't like it try writing to the FIDE ( they love hearing about changes to rules   lol ). 

badenwurtca

Btw someone told me earlier that I quote too many old old posts  lol.