2014 Sinquefield Cup is LIVE! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Join GM Ashley, GM Seirawan and WGM Shahade! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

andriod app update pushed out yesterday


  • 14 days ago · Quote · #481

    alien_roger

    Karura91 wrote:

    Now when I click on tactics, the app simply crashes.

    Should I report it? It is useful?

    This is fixed now(will work stable in next version), i guess this tactic was also incorrect as today's daily puzzle. 

  • 14 days ago · Quote · #482

    Ch3ss1r3C4t

    alien_roger wrote:

    Ch3ss1r3C4t wrote:

    The latest version of the app does not remember the "After I move" setting, it always defaults now to "next ready game". 

    Can you please try it one more time, it should work fine, we didn't changed there anything long time ago:) It works as expected for me.

    I tried it again and it definitely doesn't hold the setting for me, reverts back to next ready game every time (it remembers other changes just fine). When I downloaded the newest version it switched up the setting and since then no changes have stuck.

  • 14 days ago · Quote · #483

    Ch3ss1r3C4t

    alien_roger wrote:

    Ch3ss1r3C4t wrote:

    The latest version of the app does not remember the "After I move" setting, it always defaults now to "next ready game". 

    Can you please try it one more time, it should work fine, we didn't changed there anything long time ago:) It works as expected for me.

    Also, when quoting a post with a quote, it seems to get confused, as demonstrated above. :-P

  • 13 days ago · Quote · #484

    alien_roger

    Ch3ss1r3C4t wrote:

    alien_roger wrote:

    Ch3ss1r3C4t wrote:

    The latest version of the app does not remember the "After I move" setting, it always defaults now to "next ready game". 

    Can you please try it one more time, it should work fine, we didn't changed there anything long time ago:) It works as expected for me.

    I tried it again and it definitely doesn't hold the setting for me, reverts back to next ready game every time (it remembers other changes just fine). When I downloaded the newest version it switched up the setting and since then no changes have stuck.

    I see that label in settings doesn't change after coming back, but app behave as expected. Well check possible cases.

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #485

    small_potato

    on Dan heismans q&a article from yesterday large parts of text are obscured by giant smileys. maybe a problem with rendering of smileys generally.

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #486

    small_potato

    on tactics, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get back from the analysis board back to the tactics board. also if you get a tactic correct, can there be a way to auto-play the correct moves as there is when you get it wrong? I've always used that feature on the desktop version to memorize the tactical pattern. also the "reset" on the analysis board takes you to the final move in a tactic rather than the first.

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #487

    small_potato

    also just to say the app is starting to come together nicely and is almost at the point I can use it almost all the time rather than use the desktop version. keep up the good work!

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #488

    hreedwork

    I agree getting better for correspondence chess. I am still uneasy about using it for live chess with specific challenges. And I have no idea how to use it for group interaction such as notes, forums, chat, etc.

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #489

    alien_roger

    small_potato wrote:

    on Dan heismans q&a article from yesterday large parts of text are obscured by giant smileys. maybe a problem with rendering of smileys generally.

    This is fixed in next version. Will be available for beta community soon.

  • 9 days ago · Quote · #490

    alien_roger

    small_potato wrote:

    also just to say the app is starting to come together nicely and is almost at the point I can use it almost all the time rather than use the desktop version. keep up the good work!

    Thanks! Join our community https://plus.google.com/communities/103811010308225325535 and get latest udpates and fixes first.

  • 6 days ago · Quote · #491

    small_potato

    I just got failed on problem 0064012 for playing b8=N+ as the first move on the app but the desktop site says this is the correct solution. the app gives fxg7 as the first move, which is just a blunder.

  • 6 days ago · Quote · #492

    alien_roger

    small_potato wrote:

    I just got failed on problem 0064012 for playing b8=N+ as the first move on the app but the desktop site says this is the correct solution. the app gives fxg7 as the first move, which is just a blunder.

    I just checked and this tactic problem problem is working fine in next version(3.1.15) which we preparing for beta update. Thank you for report!

  • 6 days ago · Quote · #493

    PLAVIN79

    Dont download this app yetFrown

  • 6 days ago · Quote · #494

    alien_roger

    PLAVIN79 wrote:

    Dont download this app yet

    It will be available in few days.

  • 6 days ago · Quote · #495

    King_Geehm

    How long has this app been released to public and buggy? I wonder becasue a majority of similar sites do either membership revenue or ad revenue. This site does both! So where does the money go? Clearly not to improvements.

  • 5 days ago · Quote · #496

    alien_roger

    King_Geehm wrote:

    How long has this app been released to public and buggy? I wonder becasue a majority of similar sites do either membership revenue or ad revenue. This site does both! So where does the money go? Clearly not to improvements.

    Hello! What bugs do you have? We are constantly working on bugs fixes and improvements, you can see them in Beta Google group and here on all different threads. It would be very kind from you, if you could point some specific bugs that terrify you. Thank you!

  • 4 days ago · Quote · #497

    King_Geehm

    alien_roger wrote:
    King_Geehm wrote:

    How long has this app been released to public and buggy? I wonder becasue a majority of similar sites do either membership revenue or ad revenue. This site does both! So where does the money go? Clearly not to improvements.

    Hello! What bugs do you have? We are constantly working on bugs fixes and improvements, you can see them in Beta Google group and here on all different threads. It would be very kind from you, if you could point some specific bugs that terrify you. Thank you!

    Simple SSL support on the site would be a nice start. Lack of security is very terrifying. Especially concidering that many log in with their personal FB id's. I don't know if the app is secure as I am still weary of trying it base on negative feedback so far. However, if the site is insecure then the app is likely the same.

  • 4 days ago · Quote · #498

    alien_roger

    App has nothing to do with SSL update. This thread is for Android Chess.com app discussion. Recently all major vendors has pushed SSL fix for their Android devices. 

    If you have complains about web site, please post it another RELATED thread. 

    This thread is for particular bugs reporting. Thank you!


Back to Top

Post your reply: