Forums

andriod app update pushed out yesterday

Sort:
mdinnerspace

I just downloaded the latest update.Chess News has been completely eliminated! I see a few improvements but no chess news? It was accessible before thru online home page, which is gone to! Problem was games would not load in chess news. What's happening? I know it's not my phone.

mdinnerspace

Members want access to the latest news, read the articles and replay current games from the latest events.

Imo this is a priority that needs fixing. Chess news (not articles) is a main reason I'm a paying customer.

alien_roger
mdinnerspace wrote:

I just downloaded the latest update.Chess News has been completely eliminated! I see a few improvements but no chess news? It was accessible before thru online home page, which is gone to! Problem was games would not load in chess news. What's happening? I know it's not my phone.

Sorry, there is no Chess News in Android app.

kiloNewton

news can be seen using android web browser. chess.com/news

mdinnerspace

Latest update, yesterday, eliminated this for the app. Don't update!

alien_roger
mdinnerspace wrote:

Latest update, yesterday, eliminated this for the app. Don't update!

This was removed from mobile version of web browser, it doesn't depend on Android app version. That means in previous version it also won't work. Most of Android users play live games and daily tournaments and solving tactics and lessons, and they don't care much about news section from deeply hidden menu of application.

mdinnerspace

Who says android users aren't interested in chess news? We have the same interests as all other members . I'll bet my bottom dollar that chess news is one of the most popular features with ALL members. It was eliminated because the games would not load. At least before access was available for reading.

Check the #s of daily reads. To say Android users are somehow not interested avoids the issue. Classic chess supports it just fine.

chrka
mdinnerspace wrote:

Who says android users aren't interested in chess news? We have the same interests as all other members . I'll bet my bottom dollar that chess news is one of the most popular features with ALL members. It was eliminated because the games would not load. At least before access was available for reading.

Check the #s of daily reads. To say Android users are somehow not interested avoids the issue. Classic chess supports it just fine.

We are working on adding "proper" support for News, much in the same way as for articles. (As well as lots of other good stuff!)

How did you get to News before? I can still get at it by going to "Tournaments" (in the navigation drawer) and then choose the "Daily"-tab. From there I can tap the Chess.com-logo to get to the index page, and scroll down to find chess news. (I know it's not ideal, but like I said, we're working on proper support.)

mdinnerspace

Thank you chrka.... with the latest update and things getting moved around, I did just find the daily tab. Thanks again. Please don't forget about the games not loading in chess news, making replay of the days latest games not possible.

horsehead

This new v3 seems to be rubbish in some areas.I preferred it as it was,at the moment.A lot of things just do not work.

small_potato
What's going on with the computer analysis on tactics trainer? It looks awful and is completely unusable as it doesn't show suggested lines. Please change it back how it was.
small_potato

Any update? The tactics trainer has been broken for nearly 2 weeks.

Fabio656

my tactics trainer works

small_potato

Ok well just for clarity then, this is the screen I'm talking about - the analysis board for tactics trainer. The computer analysis function is now just junk - putting a "pretty" visual black/white bar to show who's winning - which we already know from looking at the score - seems to have replaced actually making the entire feature usable by showing the lines being calculated. If I fail a tactic because I miss a move and need to check what I missed using the computer analysis, how am I supposed to know what I missed when the computer lines are not even displayed?

ps(I am not talking about the position shown, that's just a random position to demonstrate the lack of lines shown)

jay6977

I have not seen it yet, but I am upset with it any way

Taurusmale67

Are there any plans to improve the app for ipad's like being able to view tournaments and sign up on the app to play.  Also is there any other changes planned? 

This forum topic has been locked