Forums

Blocking Someone

Sort:
zkman

Hi all.

I recently commented on a forum post towards an indivdual trying to explain/clarify something. 

After this I have been trolled with senseless remarks in personal messages.

This indivdual has not said anything particularly toxic just a few minor insults towards me. He has only posted in one forum post (the one I responded to) and has not played a single game/done any tactics, etc.. This leads me to be believed he is simply a troll seeking attention.

Is there a way to block this indivdual from communicating with me or a way to submit a complaint? I would appreciate not to get harassed.

Mr_Spocky

just block him in genral if hes doing agaist the rules then you can go to the www.chess.com/sudmit/ticket thing (not sure if thats the right link)

Mr_Spocky

http://support.chess.com/

stephen_33

This should help you ....

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/38/1/how-can-i-block-another-user

zkman

It seems only to be for suspected cheating unfortunately. However, I have found how to block this person!

zkman

Thanks for your time!

NimzoRoy

HOME - Account - Privacy - Block Members

Click on Help & Support at the bottom of the page to find answers for most site-related questions

You can also report this troll to the staff via Help & Support, I presume that they usually  do something if they see repeated complaints about someone ie issue warnings or 86 them in severe cases

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/38/1/how-can-i-block-another-user

day_widni69

Take that.

day_widni69

Ha, you should see the things he says about you!!

ya look at his forum post its on Hottest topics!

zkman

I'm pretty certain he is done for now. 

Annabella1

Zkman......I would not tolerate unproper comments.....just block him :)

winerkleiner

Good luck zkman, problematic people like that need to get a life, they live to badger others.

trysts

My latest block(that I'm aware of), happened because I questioned why an 1100 rated player is offering to coach 1400 rated players. Of course such musings are uncalled forLaughing

NimzoRoy
trysts wrote:

My latest block(that I'm aware of), happened because I questioned why an 1100 rated player is offering to coach 1400 rated players. Of course such musings are uncalled for

If it's any consolation I have the same musings myself, and also about players rated 1500 or so who are pretentious enough to make totally clueless conclusions about openings they probably don't even know the ECO code for, much less a fraction of the theory behind them. BUT I tend to keep such musings to myself most of the time, after all why should I rain on some total strangers parade? There's always IM pfren to do that sort of dirty work around here...Tongue Out

trysts

True, but there is always a hope that there are still some rational people out thereLaughing

Expertise87

NimzoRoy, I don't know any ECO codes. Why is that important? :)

NimzoRoy
Expertise87 wrote:

NimzoRoy, I don't know any ECO codes. Why is that important? :)

It helps to look openings up (sometimes or someplaces) and can't hurt to know, even though it's unlikely very many of us will ever know all 500 individual codes. It's also a logical and scientific classification more precise than the old "Double/Single KP Openings" "Double/Single QP Openings" and "All Other Openings"

A00-A99 Dutch Defense, Benoni Defense, English Opening, Other Opening

B00-B99 All Single KP Openings except FD

C00-C99 FD and all Double KP Openings

D00-D99  QGA, QGD & Grunfeld Defense

E00-E99  Bogo-Indian, KID, NID, QID

One thing nice about them is since it's an alphanumeric code there's no BS about one opening have more than one name, because there are no names, so both the "Traxler Variation" and the "Wilkes-Barre Variation" are now "C57" 100% of the time, instead of having to look up both names if you're doing some serious research on the opening. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chess_openings