Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Breaking 1200

• 12 months ago · Quote · #21

Grendley

I got condescending replies from janniktr and wasted_youth which I responded to with the like; I got a polite reply for Tyrrhenus which I reponded to with a joke; I got an incomprehensible reply from whyayeman which I didn't even attempt to respond to. You're going to have to tell me how I have been a jerk because all I can see is stupidity, arrogance and condescension on the part of others. I guess I just can't see it because I'm a jerk, right?

• 12 months ago · Quote · #22

owltuna

"I guess I just can't see it because I'm a jerk, right?"

In a nutshell, yes.

• 12 months ago · Quote · #23

wasted_youth

Grendley wrote:

Rhetorical question - A statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered.

• My rhetorical question: "Having a bad day, dearie?"
    • The underlying statement: yes, you obviously are (or you´re like this all the time)
    • Why you were not supposed to answer it: The only way that an answer would have made sense would have been if the following assumption were true - that you are not having a bad day (or are like this all the time), which it is obviously not.

By the way, it´s "elaborate", without a "u".

• 12 months ago · Quote · #24

whyayeman

What's incomprehensible about asking for clarification about a verb that is not in the English dictionary ElaboUrate What does it mean? Talk about a storm in a teacup lol
  • 12 months ago · Quote · #25

SuarBG

Any video or books that will improve your chess basics and chess general principle understanding will do.

• 12 months ago · Quote · #26

LongIslandMark

Grendley wrote:

If I wanted to hear what a retard had to say on the subject I would have asked my cousin.

You must understand a comment like this just invites abusive responses. Are you just trolling for fun to see what kind of attention you might get?

• 12 months ago · Quote · #27

Grendley

LongIslandMark wrote:
    janniktr wrote:

Because he loses...

He should have understood that a comment like this just invites an abusive response. Anybody who claims that they can't see that must be either stupid or trolling.

What you should have said.

• 12 months ago · Quote · #28

hcsumpt

Tactics daily and analyzing your games. This is what I'm doing to improve. It takes time, but so far I'm seeing progress. Keep at it!

• 12 months ago · Quote · #29

einstein99

I love you Grendly

• 12 months ago · Quote · #30

wasted_youth

@einstein - we all love her dearley Tongue Out

• 12 months ago · Quote · #31

Reesedog914

Thanks to all who responded. I specifically liked the "aww-rats" suggestion and the anti-blunder suggestion.Cool

-Dog

• 8 months ago · Quote · #32

TexanCanadian

I know your above 1200 now, but I think you could benefit from GM Igor Smirnov's videos. They're great!

Post your reply: