Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Bring Back Free Castling!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #81

dchurchill

I'm not particularly interested in centaur games, but I've heard that if you try to get by on engine analysis alone on the ICC you'll get eaten alive.  It's not something I plan on getting into any time soon, but it's interesting to think that they could advance chess theory beyond what computers alone can give us.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #82

Tin-Cup

dchurchill wrote:

I'm not particularly interested in centaur games, but I've heard that if you try to get by on engine analysis alone on the ICC you'll get eaten alive.  It's not something I plan on getting into any time soon, but it's interesting to think that they could advance chess theory beyond what computers alone can give us.

Lame so incredibly lame. Part of the beauty of chess is how the great players took advantage of blunders. The funny thing is sometimes while playing through these games,I didn't even know they were blunders until the refutation was played! Advanced chess seems sterile to me.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #83

Tin-Cup

I just think that it's time to take a closer look at free castling.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #84

Popcorn179

Puzzle!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #85

Popcorn179

Another puzzle!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #86

Popcorn179

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 19 months ago · Quote · #87

Tin-Cup

I wonder what the elite players would think of free castling.

• 19 months ago · Quote · #88

Popcorn179

Tin-Cup wrote:

I wonder what the elite players would think of free castling.

They'd probably think it childish. The way professional cricket players would find the 'one-bounce one-hand' rule childish.

• 16 months ago · Quote · #89

Tin-Cup

Free castling could breathe fresh new ideas and life into chess without completely changing the character of the game.

Post your reply: