Forums

Can One Do This With ChessMaster 11?

Sort:
ah93704559

I'm debating on whether I should get Fritz or Chessmaster. I hear that Fritz is very complicated to use and I am a very uncomplicated kind of guy. What I want to be able to do with a chess program is set up a position and then play the computer from said position. This way I can figure out how to improve my fundamentals. Does anyone have ChessMaster 11 and can you do this or do I need Fritz?

cneill92

you can set up a position on chessmaster and i really like the chessmaster academy

Vease

Fritz isn't difficult to use for regular playing its just the database part of it that can be a pain in the butt. Setting up a position to play from is really straightforward, plus you get much better analysis than with Chessmaster.

Chregg

i must admit i like the academy in chessmaster

Scala

if you like to play against the computer, maybe, chessmaster is better because you have a different personalities (with diffrent elos) to play against... And you have the chess academy with exercicies to praticte...

But if you like the real stuff you should go for fritz... Its better.. its what all GM use.