Forums

Carlsen vs Anand

Sort:
VikRajasekaran

nah if i overestimate my opponent ill try my hardest during the game, so personally i dont mind overestimating as long as it gets me in the mindset to play my best chess.

VikRajasekaran

After Carlsen's performance he certainly looks impregnable, Anands got his work cut out for him

79Abraxas79

I think Carlsen has to be the favorite, although anything can happen in a short match.  Anand didn't impress me much in victory over Gelfand, and his record since then has been inconsistent. 

Carlsen won't be agreeing to any short draws either, so if it comes down to stamina, obviously you favor the guy that is half his age.

taffy76

Will be interesting to see whether Carlsen continues his theme of mixing it up in the opening, or whether he will play it safe and show everyone just how well schooled in opening theory he is. I think the later will play into Anand's hands but even so I don't think we will be seeing a Ponziani or the like from Carlsen.

TetsuoShima

i think Carlsen is the favorite but it will be and exciting match and anything can happen.

Zealthared

Aronian will win LaughingTongue Out

chuckfloyd2011

Well, now that Carlson beat Anand by 3 games, losing 0, it's time to start considering an Anand / Carlson rematch.

joseoporto

chessfan25 escribió:

carlsen

holon23

anand beats topalov and leads 6/9 

highly probably we will see another anand vs carlsen match .. :| 

TheXBRAIN

The Game below Proves! Nothing Yell

rooperi
TheXBRAIN

Carlsen is KING! :)

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/topic_show.pl?tid=27573

SeigneurMontjoie

Anand seems to be playing incredible chess again. Makes you wonder if it was some sort of psychological pressure that was holding him back as World Champion. Now that he has nothing to lose he's starting to look like the Vishy of old again. 

chuckfloyd2011

I agree, it looks like Anand has gotten his game back.  The thing is, is that Carlsen holds almost a 100 rating point edge.