Forums

Chain Mail

Sort:
firestare500

I know there has been a lot of talk lately about chain mail. Many people here are annoyed about this kind of stuff, while others like it. I have many frined here on chess.com that do this kind of stuff, and they have reason to. They want to spread the word of happyness and love to everyone here on chess.com Even though they have good thoughts on their mind, many people dont like this. Even i have to admit that this someimes get REALLY annyoing.People dont like to have spam in their mail everytime to get on. I'm just trying to tell the people that do this, could you lay off a bit? It's ok if you do it, lets say, for christmas, but not every other day or something.

firestare500
could any1 help post in this?

sstteevveenn

I think even 10 or so years ago when people were new to email and thought sending/receiving messages from other people on their computers was cool/awesome/amazing, chain mail still sucked, and even then it was only really the morons, mostly comprising teenage girls, the sort that might previously have found themselves prone to "list making", that thought it was fun.  The very mention of chain mail brings back bad memories of scrolling down for miles on end in hotmail, through some mass forward, trying to work out if there was actually an email in there somewhere, or if it's just a broken up list of random email addresses, and then wasting precious time trying to work out WHY they thought it was fun, and WHY they thought I'd want that crap in my inbox. 

There's a reason seasoned internet users ban chain mail Tongue out

firestare500
sstteevveenn wrote:

I think even 10 or so years ago when people were new to email and thought sending/receiving messages from other people on their computers was cool/awesome/amazing, chain mail still sucked, and even then it was only really the morons, mostly comprising teenage girls, the sort that might previously have found themselves prone to "list making", that thought it was fun.  The very mention of chain mail brings back bad memories of scrolling down for miles on end in hotmail, through some mass forward, trying to work out if there was actually an email in there somewhere, or if it's just a broken up list of random email addresses, and then wasting precious time trying to work out WHY they thought it was fun, and WHY they thought I'd want that crap in my inbox. 

There's a reason seasoned internet users ban chain mail

yes thats a very good comment. I was wondering, since i didnt use the internet 10 years ago, why didnt you put it in spam?

sstteevveenn
I mean through the emails themselves.  I didnt get that many thankfully!!
firestare500
lol
firestare500
lets have some more posts please. more posts. GUys, wanna make arecord for the most posts ever in a thread?
firestare500

EVERYONE SEND A LOVE LETTER TO YOUR LOVELIFE LOLZ!

alex19330

Dude chainmail is like a tradition it's on youtube (uugggghhhh) and email like the old myth about your life is beautifal? actully that was a real chainmail if u opened the email it crashed your computer

firestare500

lol im glad i never opened it ;-0 or had it :-P