Forums

Challenge 2000

Sort:
CP6033

yeah that is true

theunsjb
waffllemaster wrote:

If you enjoy chess, you'll be playing.  If you have a burning desire to improve, you'll be studying.  If you like to dream about how hard you'll work one day in the future, you'll talk about it on the forum.

Wow!  Waffle, this is by far the most accurate and brilliant answer I have seen in all of these "I want to become a Grandmaster/Master/Expert player" topics! Cool

chessmaster102
respirocytes wrote:

Fancyknight, i understand what you are saying :), and you are right. But 1 im not fortunate enough to hire a GM/IM, and 2nd i know that with the right training and help i have a big chance of achieving this goal. So thats why im a bit rude by asking, but even if there's no one out there willing to guide me i at least tried :)

Search around my coach is 2000 strength (near 2100) and its completely free but its really hard and really rare to find someone like this I just got hella lucky so if your looking hard enough you'll find one 

chessmaster102

those who dream of success already have a better chance than those who dont.

50% knowing the goal and the outline to achieve it + 50% motivation and resources to do it = 100% success 

Go for it

Slovenly
chessmaster102 wrote:

those who dream of success already have a better chance than those who dont.

50% knowing the goal and the outline to achieve it + 50% motivation and resources to do it = 100% success 

Go for it

I think if you lower the first number down to about 1%, and raise the second to about 99%, you'll really be onto something.

chessmaster102

haha thanks that sounds better.

respirocytes

1, chess_gg im not begging and 2nd at least i try to reach this goal and looking for help. If we all had your attitude we will never find out what where capable of. If you aim for standard goals you will get standard results. And ofcourse it will hurt your ego's if there's a noob out there that achieved in one year what you have or haven't even accomplished in your entire chess carreer, but please dont hate on that person because he aimed at a goal you didnt because it didnt fit your attitude. And i know how hard it is that's why it is such a motivation, and IF i do succeed this is how ;)

Phylar

Reaching 2000 is possible. However, I must recommend to first reach for more realistic goals as you work your way up there. I for one am pushing for a title. But I am also being realistic. My only goal right now is to break and hold the 1400 marker and to improve my chess knowledge over all. Do I still want the title? Sure I do. But I know there are steps that must be taken first to get there.

I short, you don't need a coach, or even have a massive amount of time. What you do need is the motivation to succeed, the ambition to continue pushing, and the absolute desire to improve regardless of how long it takes.

CP6033
Phylar wrote:

Reaching 2000 is possible. However, I must recommend to first reach for more realistic goals as you work your way up there. I for one am pushing for a title. But I am also being realistic. My only goal right now is to break and hold the 1400 marker and to improve my chess knowledge over all. Do I still want the title? Sure I do. But I know there are steps that must be taken first to get there.

I short, you don't need a coach, or even have a massive amount of time. What you do need is the motivation to succeed, the ambition to continue pushing, and the absolute desire to improve regardless of how long it takes.

That pretty much sums it up. Aim for a hundred points higher than you are. Right now I am trying to get all my ratings above 1500. (except bullet and perhaps blitz). Already everything except bullet is above 1400 including Tactics trainer rating. Work at small goals and then move on to bigger and better things

DrCheckevertim

Why do you have to do it in a year?

Leevez
DrCheckevertim wrote:

Why do you have to do it in a year?

why not 50 years eh?

DrCheckevertim

Or hey, a modest goal like 5 years.

respirocytes

chess_gg, if its not your ego that's at stake please dont act like a keyboard warrior, we can all see that you try to act like intellectual and that you are a narcissist. And if you already knew in the 1st place that what you were saying was a waste of time, why bother and be a hypocrite?

Leevez

i'm bored, how bout a game or two? :)

RomyGer

Mike (respirocytes) : laughing out LOUD, have a look in the forum : " Help, I want to become a medical doctor in one year ", espacially posts 30 and 31, where they compare this with your aim !

See my humble advices : start playing in a club, get a Dutch rating, talk to the Union about training here in Holland, stop writing in this forum and come back on it in June 2014 ( I made a note in my agenda ) and most important : my feelings towards you are positive, keep playing chess !

Kageri
waffllemaster wrote:

If you enjoy chess, you'll be playing.  If you have a burning desire to improve, you'll be studying.  If you like to dream about how hard you'll work one day in the future, you'll talk about it on the forum.

a great reply :)

SocialPanda

You will stop studying before one year, otherwise, you would be studying now, and not writing in the forum.

What are you waiting for? Now you only have 364 days.

It would be different if you just ask about specific ways of improvement, but that´s not what you have asked for.