Forums

Challenge!

Sort:
AKJett

Hello, I am 1600 FIDE and I think nobody can checkmate me in less than 30 moves (in any time control). What do you think?

apostolis1
Roeczak wrote:

Hello, I am 1600 FIDE and I think nobody can checkmate me in less than 30 moves (in any time control). What do you think?

Have I to remeber you our game with Bxh7 ??? LOL (I am just kiding Tongue Out)

AKJett

lol... well i mean  if you play very defensively then noone can checkmate you within 30 moves. Checkmate, not win against me. For example, I have played stockfish a lot of times and it has never checkmated me in less than 38 moves (and I am a fairly weak player).

AKJett
apostolis1 wrote:
Roeczak wrote:

Have I to remeber you our game with Bxh7 ??? LOL (I am just kiding )

lol ok... that is what i mean; i could have given u a lot of material and would have escape dthe mate until at least move 30.

GiantSpider
tigerprowl wrote:

I think you are lonely, never been laid, and in need of your mother's love.  But that's just me.

You're so mean, you should keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything better to contribute with. That's my opinion and i think many other feel the same way..

messi2
GiantSpider wrote:
tigerprowl wrote:

I think you are lonely, never been laid, and in need of your mother's love.  But that's just me.

You're so mean, you should keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything better to contribute with. That's my opinion and i think many other feels the same way..

yes, post good things

apostolis1
Roeczak wrote:
apostolis1 wrote:
Roeczak wrote:

lol ok... that is what i mean; i could have given u a lot of material and would have escape dthe mate until at least move 30.

Ok then ! I haven't understand exactly what you mean ! So, if you don't want to get checkamated you can resign from the first move...maybe 

LOOOOOOOOOOL !!Tongue Out

meelyman
apostolis1 wrote:
Roeczak wrote:
apostolis1 wrote:
Roeczak wrote:

Ok then ! I haven't understand exactly what you mean ! So, if you don't want to get checkamated you can resign from the first move...maybe 

LOOOOOOOOOOL !!

you just said laugh out out out out out out out out out out loud!! I'm gonna try saying that sometime :)

AKJett

I say that for a mediocre 1600 player like me it is possible, if you try to avoid mate as long as possible, to easily avoid getting checkmated in 30 moves.

Try playing Houdini, if the game reaches move 40 you win.(That could be an interesting idea for odds.)

Scottrf

You're probably right.

John_Stork

Probably worth remembering that you may well fare worse in this challenge against a good human attacker than against a computer.

A human may well choose line after line that gives a smaller immediate advantage, but in its complexity, allows the possibility of a swift mate in a number of variations.  A computer will always bypass such a line for the one that give the larger immediate plus, even if it allows you an obvious path to temporary safety thereafter.

Steve the Attacker may choose a line that gives him a +3.00 evaluation, but makes escape very tricky, while Houdini will contentedly prefer the line that gives +3.50, but leaves an obvious escape and allows you to forestall defeat for a while.

AKJett

OK who wants to play me (unrated of course and probably 2000+) with that stipulation:

If I don't get mated by move 40, he will resign.

How many points would you value that? I would think around 1000-1200 pts.for >1500 and probably 500-1000 for below that.