Forums

VS, HONEST PLAYER

Sort:
kawazaki

Me & chess respect each other & we will never ever need any Fritz or Blitz or clipz ...i want to train my brain not to shut-down my thoughts.

if you will shut-down your brain & depends on the Engines like Fritz or other version ...so you are not respect your thoughts & you are not deserve to have a brain at all.

Chess is a very honest play & i must be very honest toward my opponent & toward myself & my "thoughts".

Cheating at the Chess it means that you cheat yourself before cheating the others...!!! about me...i don't like to win some games by cheating & loose my respect toward myself...

-X-

Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win.

tarnowski
kawazaki wrote:

Me & chess respect each other & we will never ever need any Fritz or Blitz or clipz ...i want to train my brain not to shut-down my thoughts.

if you will shut-down your brain & depends on the Engines like Fritz or other version ...so you are not respect your thoughts & you are not deserve to have a brain at all.

Chess is a very honest play & i must be very honest toward my opponent & toward myself & my "thoughts".

Cheating at the Chess it means that you cheat yourself before cheating the others...!!! about me...i don't like to win some games by cheating & loose my respect toward myself...

you are absolutely right my friends :)

chuck3r
RDR75 wrote:

Unfortunately, the latter is sometimes true my friend.

jerry2468

Until the cheaters play the winners. Then the cheaters win?!

-X-
chuck3r wrote:
RDR75 wrote:

Well that saying is not my own actually, and I don't know where it originated.

What I think it means, is that if you had to cheat in order to win a game, you are not really a winner. And it's true too. According to the rules you did not win. You were awarded the win because no one else knows the truth. But the cheater knows the truth, therefore he knows he did not really win.

jerry2468
RDR75 wrote:
chuck3r wrote:
RDR75 wrote:

Well that saying is not my own actually, and I don't know where it originated.

What I think it means, is that if you had to cheat in order to win a game, you are not really a winner. And it's true too. According to the rules you did not win. You were awarded the win because no one else knows the truth. But the cheater knows the truth, therefore he knows he did not really win.

Wait what? I thought this was about skill not some weird thing called ethics and morals!

-X-

Skill at playing chess or skill at cheating?

ivandh
RDR75 wrote:

Where have you been dude?

-X-

Like I said, it's not my statement, but let me put it a little simpler for you.

Cheaters are losers.

ivandh

Ok, but they also win... or have you not kept up with the Wall Street news?

-X-

Well, I think the statement has a little deeper meaning. Wall street executives can line their pockets with stolen gold, but in doing so they've lost their integrity. The saying is pointing out that the loss of integrity is greater than the monetary gain. So they actually end up losing and not winning.

I guess it all depends on the value you place on your integrity. The person who coined the phrase, obviously valued it highly.The saying seemed to line up with the OP so I posted it. And while we can analyze it further if you like, I tend to agree with it.  

electricpawn
ivandh wrote:

Ok, but they also win... or have you not kept up with the Wall Street news?

+1

electricpawn
kawazaki wrote:

Nice painting. I wish more posts would start with a nice painting. I agree with you about the use of chess engines.

kawazaki
RDR75 wrote:

Well, I think the statement has a little deeper meaning. Wall street executives can line their pockets with stolen gold, but in doing so they've lost their integrity. The saying is pointing out that the loss of integrity is greater than the monetary gain. So they actually end up losing and not winning.

I guess it all depends on the value you place on your integrity. The person who coined the phrase, obviously valued it highly.The saying seemed to line up with the OP so I posted it. And while we can analyze it further if you like, I tend to agree with it.  

Great explanation...!!! & Also Chess is a "spirit's sport motivation".

http://avatars.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/avatars/kawazaki.gif

theoreticalboy
RDR75 wrote:

I guess it all depends on the value you place on your integrity.

Actually, it probably depends more on the value Wall Street executives place on their billions of dollars of TARP money.  And let's be honest, it's a lot easier to fill cash sacks with money than with integrity.

dewriat

RDR75 wrote:

kawazaki
theoreticalboy wrote:
RDR75 wrote:

I guess it all depends on the value you place on your integrity.

Actually, it probably depends more on the value Wall Street executives place on their billions of dollars of TARP money.  And let's be honest, it's a lot easier to fill cash sacks with money than with integrity.

So the integrity need our support...more support...individualy spirit support...it cannot be compared with the money or Gold or Siver...or...or...or...!!!

it's a "principle meaning" & it could be more or less valuable measurement , only it depends on your spirit being convinced.

http://avatars.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/avatars/kawazaki.gif

http://simplecomplexity.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/integrity-triangle.jpg

mitto

Fritz Friendly! - II

TD: Snoopy69 Started on Mar 14, 2010 @ 12:28pm

Players: 15   Time Control: 5 days/move
Max Group Size: 5   Rating Range: Open
# Advance: 2   Tie Breaks: Yes
Points Available: 343   Games Rated: No

This is a "No Vacation" tournament!

82% COMPLETE!
Tournament Stats
Starting Players: 15 Completed Games: 76 (tournament is 82% complete)
Eliminated Round 1: 8 (53% of field) Games in Round 1: 60
Eliminated Round 2: 0 (0% of field) Games in Round 2: 18 (88% completed)
Players Withdrawn: 2 (13%) # Timeouts: 32 (42%)
Remaining Players: 7 (46%) Remaining Games: 2 (current round)
Average Rating: 1549 Biggest Upset: 1514 defeats 1721

This is the sequel to the original Fritz Friendly! tournament.  This is a tournament where anything is permitted.  Bring out your engines (Fritz, Rybka, Crafty, etc.), experimental databases, Deep Blue, or even your quiet cousin Sid.  The games are unrated, as they have to be, but it will be a very interesting tournament so have fun!

http://www.chess.com/tournament/fritz-friendly---ii

NO COMMENT

kawazaki

For those previous reasons i love playing chess...it's a "cocktail" of respect...& this "Chess" deserve our respect as well...!!! "IT DOESN'T NEED ANY MAKE-UP TO

WIN...ONLY IT NEEDS OUR RESPECT TO BE RUNNING THROUGH THE BOTH SIDES IN A FAIR PLAY & MARKED ONLY WITH OUR "OWN THOUGHTS"...!!!" Wink