Forums

Chess and Checkers

Sort:
GenocidalWar

Are checkers and chess supposed to be the same thing? People who i usually play checkers with say if you could do chess you can do checkers. But I say the two are entirely different games with different strategy. What do say?

Scarblac

They are completely different games with different pieces, different goals, completely different.

The only thing that is the same is the board, but then checkers only uses half the squares, and international checkers (draughts) is played on 10x10 boards.

Plus of course checkers just looks like a very flat game :-)

GenocidalWar
Scarblac wrote:

They are completely different games with different pieces, different goals, completely different.

The only thing that is the same is the board, but then checkers only uses half the squares, and international checkers (draughts) is played on 10x10 boards.

Plus of course checkers just looks like a very flat game :-)

lol yeah checkers is pretty flat chess look a bit more interesting. i have seen draughts boards bigger than 10x10 before not really so sure what i would be like playing on a board like that though.

TheOldReb

In checker competitions ( USA ) its almost always 3 move restriction now. Your openings are decided by drawing a card from a deck which gives the first 3 moves of a game and then you play two games with the same opponent from both sides of this opening.

GenocidalWar

those rules kinda suck

GenocidalWar

nice i think you told me that last year

GenocidalWar

lol

OMGdidIrealyjustsact

I wonder how many draughts (you'd have to set them up on both colours for this experiment) it would take to equal the chess army.

GenocidalWar

i tried that once for fun i put the twice the normal amount of pieces, half black and half red and set them up on both squares and had a checkers player go against me and the normal 16 chess pieces

Harrr

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/fun-with-chess/kiss-me-checkers-boy

GenocidalWar

lol nice man

amaan2

THey are different hey guys maek sure toceheck out Fritz 11 vs. Rybka 3

GenocidalWar

yeah i think everyone already did cuz ive been hearing alot about that lately

GenocidalWar

you should keep more updated than and yes it is

KevinB_MMA

It is blacks turn, does white win? Or is this a draw?

AMZ_Chess10

Wow