Forums

Chess engines

Sort:
Xilmi

Press F11->go to UCI-tab->uncheck "Resign"

Shorter and more helpfull than the post above.

NimzoRoy
Xilmi wrote:

I agree - but I didn't know the answer, so I suggested what I'd end up doing myself- a "brute force" search. 

ictavera
Xilmi wrote:

This is actually debatable, NimzoRoy told the OP how to answer his own questions, while you are "giving the answer away". In words of a known proverb, you are giving him the fish, while NimzoRoy is telling him how to fish.

Xilmi

"Asking" is a widely known knowledge-gaining algorithm used by humans.
Of course "googling" and "rtfming" also can work but often require a lot more effort.

I'm pretty sure he was aware of those anyways but decided that it wasn't worth his time go after them. So telling him to select an algorithm, which he most likely considered but dismissed is actually wasting your own time without accomplishing the intended result.

I personally feel that asking a question once in a while often is superior to pretending "I'm the only one alive and thus have to figure it out myself". That neglects the possibilities society as whole can achieve and instead emphasizes ellbow-mentality by representing things as a challenge that actually shouldn't be.

I personally don't know how to fish. My uncle does. It's called specialization and was "invented" thousand upon thousand years ago.

vimzonich

I already fished and overlooked.  Thanks again Xilmi