Forums

chess in art

Sort:
DalaiLuke
j-pax wrote:

i realy enjoy seeing so many beautifull chess in art posted by you... if you like .. keep them coming and thanks for everything allready posted :))

Indeed ... just impressive.  There's a picture I've recently seen of Bob Dylan playing chess.  I have not noticed, are photographs also accepted here?

johnyoudell

chess.com/forum/view/general/greatest-chess-photos

netzach

Post ~#747 very fine painting!

Tantale

Tantale

"DENT Rupert Arthur Dent" 1850 ,1909 "Pug puppies"

Tantale

"Huber Istvan Desi"1895 ,1944 "Sakkozo - hatoldalon"

Tantale

"Caroline Alexia Schonheydervan Deurs"  1860 ,1932 "The young chess player"

Knightvanguard
netzach wrote:

Post ~#747 very fine painting!

I agree.  The man on the left seems to be thinking in disgust, "They think they know chess?"  

Tantale

"Robert Heinrich Freiherr von Doblhoff" 1880 ,1960 "Cafe in Trient WWI"

Tantale

"Henry John R.S.W., R.Can.A. Dobson" 1858 ,1928 "Two figures seated playing chess"

Tantale

1867   ,"K. Dohnal"                                                                                            ,1850 ,1949   ,"Schachmatt"                                                                            ,1900 ,

Tantale

"Francisco Jose Domingo y Marques" ,1842 ,1920 "Mosqueteros Jugando Ajedrez"

Tantale

"Werner Drewes" 1899 ,1985 "The Chess Game" 

Tantale

"William Duffield" 1816 ,1863 "The Honourable Frederick Villers - Lady Sarah -and Lady Clementina" 

Ashkanph

Iran, thirteenth century. The Sheikh "Shams ud-Din Tabrizi" plays chess.

a page from Rumi's Book. [Rumi (1207 AD -1273 AD): a persian poet]
varelse1

DalaiLuke
johnyoudell wrote:

chess.com/forum/view/general/greatest-chess-photos

thanks ... luv it!   :)

j-pax
[COMMENT DELETED]
j-pax

i'll try again posting something... sometimes uploading doesnot work ??:((

i made a drawing of a you karpov

RomyGer

Perhaps nice to add a sculpture on this forum : a bronze statue of Bobby Fischer, about 20 x 15 cm, named in Dutch "De Bronzen Bob", The Bronze Bob, made in 1974 by  a Dutch sculptor Jits Bakker, the first prize we have won in a tournament of twenty business and trade concerns in Amsterdam.

Although some decades ago, I still enjoy the fact that we played in both these tournaments, The Chess-Creation and also in The Chess-Olympiads For Companies in Amsterdam,   for approx. 20 years in succession, with a team of four colleagues of Geveke Technical Business.