Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

chess in art

• 20 months ago · Quote · #121

katnc414

Showgirls Playing Chess Between Shows at Latin Quarter Nightclub Photographic Print

Showgirls Playing Chess Between Shows at Latin Quarter Nightclub -- Gordon Parks

• 20 months ago · Quote · #122

Tantale

Very nice but it's not a painting

• 20 months ago · Quote · #123

bronsteinitz

Why should it be a painting when the thread is about art? Video, sculpture, litho,photo,..

• 20 months ago · Quote · #124

winnersp

wow,are those pics copyright protected

• 20 months ago · Quote · #125

Tantale

@bronsteinitz

You are right, just my website is only about chess painting, that's why although this picture is fine I think I cannot add it on it.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #126

winnersp

Tantale,

I am collecting chess art pics to add on my 3d projct,you think its possible i can have some of ur painting?

we can cooperate

• 20 months ago · Quote · #127

bronsteinitz

@Tantale, sure, but in a digital world there has to room for digital paintings. They have the advantage that they can even move and speak :-)

• 20 months ago · Quote · #128

Tantale

@winnersp

No problem :)

• 20 months ago · Quote · #129

winnersp

cool.I use the next generation and most advanced 3d technic,where classical chess pieces would be moving in different direction in the air.

sound effect,light and shadow,dynamic piece moving effect.

only the moving animation effect is not added since its very very expensive.

so clicking all moves,the whole game would become a 3d film.wearing 3d glasses would be better.directly generate sources for the film producer and 3d effect chess scenes.

I am building two walls on the left and right side and I am collecting chess art pics,including famous chess games,chess painting,chess related materials.

on each white play side,there is a white castle with mushrooms like alice in wonderland..the same for the black side with black catle with black mushrooms.

I probably need 32 paintings.I will contact you when tme is proper.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #130

winnersp

• 20 months ago · Quote · #131

j-pax

i posted earlier about marcel ducamp... i liked his mediocre painting better than his "ready made's" wich are starting-point of conceptual art. :(((

i think this "art-movie" is a "respectable" piece of conceptual art !! (when you play it full screen and  at a  good volume!)

• 20 months ago · Quote · #132

j-pax

• 20 months ago · Quote · #133

netzach

@ Tantale. Here is link for ''Stushie'': #121  #120

http://stushieart.com/about/

• 20 months ago · Quote · #134

j-pax

• 20 months ago · Quote · #135

j-pax

• 20 months ago · Quote · #136

j-pax

• 20 months ago · Quote · #137

batgirl

Thanks for the Marcel Duchamp videos, ready-mades and all, he's one of my favorite artists (after Sophie Tauber Arp and Max Ernst).  You might (or might not) be interested on my site about Chess and the Surrealists, which focuses on the Imagery of Chess show back in 1944-5 in which Duchamp performed an integral part.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #138

ClavierCavalier

Duchamp?  Looks like this guy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaMA8LWW3C0

Maybe they're the same person?!?!?!

• 20 months ago · Quote · #139

red-lady

It's not a painting but nice to see:

Detail of Yayoi Kusama's Pumpkin Chess

• 20 months ago · Quote · #140

Tantale

Anybody knows who made this painting?

Thanks