Forums

Chess snack food?

Sort:
MyCowsCanFly

Besides eating your opponent's pawns, do you have a favorite snack food to eat during chess?

I favor BBQ pork with hot mustard...chips with Ranch...marinated artichoke hearts...smoked oysters.

Now I'm hungry.

Sorry this isn't a serious topic but my serious button is malfunctioing.

Sweagen

Sounds delicious...

I like to eat whatever chips- especially 'All Dressed' or 'Sour Cream and Onion' 'Ruffles' chips.

I know this kid who drinks Pepsi ALL the time. It's kinda gross. It's probably his snack food of choice as well.

cic-

;) Just be sure not to choke on those pawns, now that would be tragic ;)

Sweagen

OH YEAH-- Can't forget tea... the stuff keeps me awake and improves my playing a lot... also I love the taste of tea with milk and sugar :D

bugoobiga

smurfs

philidorposition
AnthonyCG wrote:

When I'm playing chess I usually stick to healthy stuff like carrot sticks but otherwise pizza and chess is great.

Or cookies:

Wouldn't it be enjoyable to play with these and actually eat them with each capture? Smile

alanb123

Pot noodle, the food of champions!

TheGrobe
AnthonyCG wrote:

When I'm playing chess I usually stick to healthy stuff like carrot sticks but otherwise pizza and chess is great.

Or cookies:

Mmmm, cookies.

goldendog

Sometimes I eat cheese, but I'm a little dyslexic.

MyCowsCanFly

eseehc?

TheGrobe

Beseech?

MyCowsCanFly
TheGrobe wrote:
AnthonyCG wrote:

Or cookies:

Mmmm, cookies.

I love that image!

Reminds me of the pancake vs. waffle controvery. With waffles, you'd have to decide which square (dimple) to eat first.

FlowerFlowers

chicken! nothing beats chicken.. besides maybe a quhweeeeen

to the grobe : nice pic, looks delish, I wanna tastle those pieces!!

MyCowsCanFly

For chess players, waffles would seem to be a good snack. Pancakes would seem more appropriate to checkers players. They are obviously less evolved...pancakes, I mean.

Poker players might like Pop-tarts. They have an element of uncertainty and surprise. 

Elubas

I usually don't snack while I play chess (I do often drink soda while playing though), but I would probably just have chips, or ideally, pizza, if it wasn't a serious game. Pizza and chess go well.

trysts

Rum-filled chocolates with an almond latte! (That's what I'm having right nowSmile)

EternalChess

I just sit by the computer with my big block of butter and eat it.., sometimes i try to put it on lets say... a pencil and eat the pencil with it.. great stuff!

goldendog

some beer+ some pizza= some kind of chess

(depends on the potions)

oinquarki

Depends on the time controls:

Blitz - Fritos - handful per move

Rapid - water (preferably chlorinated) and chocolate

Long - pu-ehr, oolong, or some similar Chinese herbal tea plus a pastrami sandwich if hungry

Correspondence - pizza and chlorinated water

If any of the above foods cannot be obtained, substitute with copper.

FlowerFlowers

popcorn