Forums

A fun story about chess~

Sort:
EndingPride

Hi I have this chess story, and I think it is fun to share!~

Some time before the empire age, there was this King who had conquered the world. One day, he has a festival in his huge palace. All the kings below him arrived along with a lot of wealthy people.

A poor looking prince arrived with a present called "Chess". The king loved this amazing game. He said he would give the poor prince something he deserves. The prince pointed to the chess board and said:" I would like the have 1 grains on the first square of the board, then at the second square, I would want 2, on the third square, I want 4, on the 4Th square I want 8 and so on." The king thought it is a small price to pay for such a great game.

A week after the festival the king realized he was bankrupted. He ordered the mathematicians to calculate how much grains will cost him at the 64Th square which is the last square on the chess board. At the last square, it will cost him 9,223,372,036,854,780,000 grains. And in total of 18,446,744,073,709,600,000 grains.

The king had an heart attack and died... (Sob)

What do they say, knowledge is money Embarassed

A fun story by my Math teacher... ~ Hope you like it Laughing

MadnessRed

yh I heard that one to., can work it out be doint

however your maths is wrong.

If he has 1 grain on the first square and then 2^x on all the others, he must give an odd number in total. Also the odd number in question will be 2l-1 where l is the ammount on the last square.

By my maths, the last square should have 2^63 grains and in total there should be (2^64)-1 all together.

I make it 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains

its a good story though, thanks for posting.

EndingPride

I see :D~

Thanks for telling me that :D~

:D Glad you like it MadnessRed~

MadnessRed

out fo interest, where did you get the figures from?

synergetic4d

just doubling the days of a month(even Febuary)would mahe him rich, use pennies instead of geains and it coumes out to be enough money to be rich.

now od you have a pond with lily pads, (a 30 day month) and the lily pads double in area everyday until finally on the last day of the month eeth pond is completely covered, on what day was the pond half coceted with liliypasds????

Laughingknight

fusssssssssssssssssssssssss. Oh I just farted, excuse me.

hee,hee,hee,hee,hee,hee, snort

EndingPride

lolz~ Thanks for commenting :D~

Nadia_

Nice one. Thanks for sharing

EamonBaillie

nice