Forums

Chess Tie break

Sort:
SARA_SHARMA

Tie Break Points=points gained against opponent abc x total points of that opponent abc points gained against opponent xyz x total points of that opponent xyz + ...So On...

rrv3

if a player resigns then we do not get tie break points?

lkamal

Probably help in understanding tiebreak. https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/articles/1444840-what-happens-when-there-is-a-tied-score-and-what-is-the-tie-break-

Jorgerally

I don't like tie break system. I lost against another player and I won the tournament because of tie break. I think it's not fair because of our direct match.

EarthFlatNotaGlobe
Jorgerally wrote:

I don't like tie break system. I lost against another player and I won the tournament because of tie break. I think it's not fair because of our direct match.

I understand the feelings here but consider that even though player A  lost against player B, player A won against those to whom player B lost. So player A had the best overall performance.  

sergio0101

I don't like it either. I beat much stronger opponents than the guy who beat me in the tie breaker. 3/4 of his opponents were weaker and the one wasn't that much higher. I beat one opponent with 104 rating higher and one with a 45 rating higher right after that. 

Jumpy-Horse

This tie break rule seems rather unfair to me.  Lots of factors can skew points in other games.  If a weaker player dedicated extra time to plan their moves and that pays off, they get penalised by their success??  This isn't right IMO.

Wasnevergreat

What happens in a knockout tournament where 2 players play each other twice . Once as black once as white and they each win 1 game ?