Forums

Chess.com Comp Analysis?????

Sort:
ja734

so, i submit a game for analysis, (im black), and when i get it back it says that after 1 e4, c5 is an inaccuracy. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

papagar

Believe him, I have the same result in Comp. Analysis. I guess computer don't like sicilian :P

Sharrocks wrote:

A diamond member's computer analysis is 2500 ELO. You could post a screenshot right? (That is if you wan't someone to believe you.)

NimzoRoy
Sharrocks wrote:

A diamond member's computer analysis is 2500 ELO. You could post a screenshot right? (That is if you wan't someone to believe you.)

Supposedly, but "it's" opening book is quite limited for the alleged rating and it routinely criticizes perfectly sound opening lines (that it apparently wasn't programmed to play or consider). Still, I never saw anything as blatant as 1...c5 being an "inaccuracy" lets see that screenshot. 

The chess.com PC analysis is good for pointing out missed opportunities, unsound tactics, overlooked combos and so on. It also has a quaint habit of harping on "errors" and "blunders" even after someone is already busted with an assessment of -7 pawns or more. 

gambitattax

c5 is the best move after e4.

ja734

okay, heres the screenshot. right click on it and click view image to be able to see it well

houdini1_5a

i charge £100000000 for a single game, but there is a huge discount today, only one buck

NimzoRoy

I just had another game analyzed and was told 1.e4 c6? is a mistake, "maybe 1...e6 is better" WTF??? They need to reinstall or replace the software this is BS 

Canutus

I just had a game analysed and my first move as Black, 1.d4  f5?!  was an "inaccuracy"  

Apparently 1...Nf6 is better. Frown

Metastable

It's been pretty well known for a long time that the computer analysis here is a little flaky. There have been numerous threads documenting some pretty egregious claims the computer analysis has made, specifically in the endgame (but not exclusively).  But didn't the computer in the past skip evalutation for book moves, and only assign scores when playing past the opening book?

TetsuoShima

in my game the computer said 1c4 g6? was an inaccuracie what i hardly can believe

NimzoRoy
Metastable wrote:

It's been pretty well known for a long time that the computer analysis here is a little flaky. There have been numerous threads documenting some pretty egregious claims the computer analysis has made, specifically in the endgame (but not exclusively).  But didn't the computer in the past skip evalutation for book moves, and only assign scores when playing past the opening book?

Not for as long as I've been using it, the last few years. Maybe members who have been around longer will know for sure.

BTW it used to say "book move" anywhere from a few to almost 20 moves (after every move) in the opening depending on the opening. Now it only says "book move" after White's first move, another sign that it is all screwed up and needs to be reinstalled or replaced. 

Metastable
NimzoRoy wrote:

BTW it used to say "book move" anywhere from a few to almost 20 moves (after every move) in the opening depending on the opening. Now it only says "book move" after White's first move, another sign that it is all screwed up and needs to be reinstalled or replaced. 

Interesting... must be one of those one step forward-two steps back kind of updates. I just checked two recent analyses of mine - one from 8 days ago, a couple from 2 weeks ago, they all show "Book move" (with no numerical evaluation) for at 3-4 moves (6-8 plies).  One of the ones from 2 weeks ago was a Sicilian and didn't report anything on 1.c5 other than "Book Move" so the change must have been more recent than that.

DarkJediNinja

Same thing happened to me. It used to occur from time to time in the past and I thought that one of the servers had a problem with the opening book. But it is happening in all my analysis now.

By the way, I'm a platinum member and supposed to have access to a more powerful analysis but I'm very disappointed with the quality of it.

pavanshahm

Don't worry, the comp analysis also calls the Caro-Kann an innacuracy. 

sapientdust
Sharrocks wrote:

Someone could submit a ticket to chess.com

Ha ha. It's been totally broken for many years. They know how bad it is. They just don't care.

There's no way it's ~2500 strength. I remember some horrible analysis with obvious mistakes that an 1800-player wouldn't make, and that was when I had a diamond membership (and so was getting the strongest analysis).

bladezii

No wonder I can't take my chess to the next level !!!!

All this time I have not been aware of my terrible blunder with 1.e4  c5 ??

Thank you for the post.  I guess it's French time for me;  I love fries.

jargonaught
bladezii wrote:

No wonder I can't take my chess to the next level !!!!

All this time I have not been aware of my terrible blunder with 1.e4  c5 ??

Thank you for the post.  I guess it's French time for me;  I love fries.

i lol'd