Forums

Chess.com login

Sort:
vwang

Does anyone find it takes forever to log in by chess.com/login.html compared to the homepage?

stwils

The thing that bothers me about trying to log in, is before I can finish typing in my password, this big ad comes and obscures the page and then I have to do it all over again even though I have a premium membership. Could the ad be delayed about 30 seconds longer in order to give us time to get our password in?

Of course I could stay logged in always and there would not be that problem. But isn't it better to log out when you leave the site?

stwils

artfizz
stwils wrote: ... Of course I could stay logged in always and there would not be that problem. But isn't it better to log out when you leave the site?

It's required under the Terms of Service.

You agree to (a) ... and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. 

http://www.chess.com/legal.html#termsofservice

vwang

A yes that popup always gets in the way!!!

richardcross

All comments about log on and pop ups are true but as CHESS LOVERS we turn adversity into challenges to become better. look at it as building patience . lol

masontam

In a world of negatives I look only for the great things in every situation. Logging on to a computer site is not life or death. just ask the little baby that was born last night and the mother died in child birth. What about the homeless people that no one seems to care about,and there are many more dire cases. Why are complaining about logging on a computer?

rooperi
masontam wrote:

In a world of negatives I look only for the great things in every situation. Logging on to a computer site is not life or death. just ask the little baby that was born last night and the mother died in child birth. What about the homeless people that no one seems to care about,and there are many more dire cases. Why are complaining about logging on a computer?

Geez, dude....

Briaronfire
masontam wrote:

Buzzkill.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Agreed. masontam would have difficulty working on any problem at an internet company. Nothing they work on is important compared in his value system.

artfizz
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote: Agreed. masontam would have difficulty working on any problem at an internet company. Nothing they work on is important compared in his value system.

xqsme

Hi guys stwils and previous friend... if you look above the offending advert you should still see a very little inconspicuous" sign in " box .... I  HAVE JUST FOUND IT !!!

artfizz

Quite of few of these showing up this morning ...

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.ded27a5c.1287046841.4c51635

madpawn

Tuesday is good for me too Artfizz.

artfizz

The season of goodwill seems to get a little shorter every year.

oinquarki

Does anyone find it takes forever to create and keep track of a forum topic compared to ignoring a meaningless problem?

oinquarki

It took me about 2:40 to type all the stuff the op typed and to read everything else. However, I'm pretty slow, so I'll be conservative and call it 2 minutes. My pageload time difference is about 1.3 seconds.

120/1.3 =~ 92.3

So, in the nearly impossible situation that this thread ends up solving the problem, then you would have to log in 93 times for it to be worthwhile. That number however, will grow as long as people keep posting here.

trxxy

yah, the pop box   IS VERY ANNOYING!!!    but I agree with my friend that are bigger problems in life. so i'll work on my patience instead of complaining about very futile stuff.

rogrot

You can get rid of the pop-ups with a nominal fee of $29/year, so I'm told. 

Today there does seem to be a problem with logging in, more so than before.

kohai

The site is running slow at the moment, we are working on a few issues. Sorry :(

Superbuddha

Any update on Live chess?

The site just crashed down.