Forums

Chess.com Staff Appreciation

Sort:
Richard

Dear Members of Chess.com,

Chess.com has been online for about 4 years now, and i think you will all agree with me that these have been an exciting and very successful 4 years.

What has chess.com been able to do? Well, they ve been able to create not just a chess site, but they have created a "Woldwide Chess Community", this is not just a site where one comes to play a few games of chess. This is a site where people come to "gather" to "learn" to "experience" to "make friends" to "develop" and to "Inspire one another".

Chess.com has provided an array of various tools and outlets for its members, they have created outlets such as:

Forums, Tactics Trainer, Chess Mentor, Game Explorer, Book Opening, Coaches, Articles, Analysis Borads, Profiles, Blogs, Customization, Groups, Live Chess, Online Chess, Chat, Email, Private Messages, Quizez, Trophies, Chesskid.com, Linked in with Facebook, IGoogle, Developed for Android, Iphone, Palm Pre and a wide selections of other phones.

The amount of work that is involved is unimaginable, what we see is the visual GUI output of all there work, but this is like the tip of the ice-berg, we do not see what goes on behind the scenes, the amount of hours that are spent, thinking, fixing, researching, fixing, help and support for the almost 3.5 million members, bug testing, coding, developing, designing, managing, marketing etc.. and these are jsut to touch on a few aspects of what goes on behind the scenes.

Sometimes i think that this goes unnoticed, not necessarily intentionally, but some may be quick to get imaptient or blame staff or look at the negative things they see.

I emplore you though, to look at all the positives, this is an almost 3.5 million member community with a HUGE amount of work and yet i find Staff seem to still be able to give their time to help us and to address any problems we are having, and that s sepreate from all the other work they are doing too.

I also notice that there are a massive amount of members that really do show there appreciation for this site and who really do value the staff here and what they do. I want to commend and thank these members, it really does help bring this close knit community together even more so. No matter who we are, where were from, what we believe in, this is a place that people from around the globe with different backgrounds can come together and get along as 1.

It is a community i am truly grateful for, and i hope that all you members feel the same. Which is why i created this post, hopefully you can all leave a nice note or comment for staff below. By showing our appreciation we help encourage one another and help to preserve the fine and great atmosphere that we have here in Chess.com.

So a big thanks to ALL staff for all you do, keep up the great and valuable work that you do so well.

Take care

Regards

EchaniX13

ElDude56

hear hear!

mcurtiss

It is beyond my comprehension how much work went into making this site as great as it is.  good work!

ChessMarkstheSpot

I've been here for a while now, even before my "Member Since: July 2010" because I was under another ID before this one. I have always appreciated the STAFF here and have never had any run-ins with any of them and they are kind and courteous and have always been helpeful with any issue I have had, big or small. They work so hard on the technical aspects and moderation here and are incredibly outnumbered by the members, which number almost 3.3 million people right now.

They work so hard and are spread out across the world, hardly ever meeting off of the computer screen. I applaud all the work they do here and give many, even infinite thanks for all the effort and time that they put in to making this site the #1 chess site/community on the 'net. They are always adding new features and are trying really hard to keep up with the bullet train that is technology these days.

You all have my deepest thanks and appreciation for everything that you do.  Cool

Thank you!

-Mark

Richard

:) Well said Mark

Bishop-Brask
I agree with all above, well done staff, thanks!
dashkee94

Best forum I've read in a long time, and I fully agree with it.  Lifting a beer in your general direction and saying, "Thanks, everybody at staff."

Richard
dashkee94 wrote:

Best forum I've read in a long time, and I fully agree with it.  Lifting a beer in your general direction and saying, "Thanks, everybody at staff."

Thanks for your input dashkee94 :)  **joins in lifting a beer** :D

DanielRensch

Thanks so much to everyone, and thanks from me to the rest of the staff that takes care of SOOOOO many things that I don't even have the mental capacity to understand Tongue out!!!

Our team loves to work together, and we love who we work for! Thank you to the members from me Wink.

Danny

erik

so kind :)

Richard

See what i mean, staff even took the time to reply to this forum post:)

Thanks Danny, keep up the great work, and love the pardon our blunders :D

Keep it up Bud.

EchaniX13

jay

Great job team! thanks for the kind words and thanks to all the premium members who make this site possible. Without your support, chess.com would just be an ad site with no content. :)

msoewulff

Thank you thank you

ChessMarkstheSpot

EchaniX - every once in a while I can actually use my brain  Laughing

I spend a huge amount of time on this site and there is no other place online I'd rather spend it. The work, effort, time and dedication you all put into this is incredibly appreciated, even though there are a few bad apples that don't think you guys do enough. But they are a very small minority.

Just keep doing what you're doing. It's always exciting to me to see what's coming next.  Cool

-Mark

DeepGreene

Nice! I haven't been on staff long enough to blush about the things on EchaniX13's long & impressive list, but I've certainly been on the site long enough to share his sentiments about the team.

Thanks for taking the time to share positive feedback.  It means a lot. :)

Richard
jay wrote:

Great job team! thanks for the kind words and thanks to all the premium members who make this site possible. Without your support, chess.com would just be an ad site with no content. :)

Thank you Jay, you ve truly done a tremendous job, im always excited to see whats around the corner, and to see the site progress and develop both technically, and in the community trend also :) Keep it up

Flamma_Aquila

Thanks staff, you guys rock!

Richard
erik wrote:

Erik, the brains and braun behind chess.com :) thank you for making this possible, trying to think of where id be spending my time if chess.com was not here:), this site keeps me out of trouble, lol

ChessMarkstheSpot
EchaniX13 wrote:
erik wrote:

Erik, the brains and braun behind chess.com :) thank you for making this possible, trying to think of where id be spending my time if chess.com was not here:), this site keeps me out of trouble, lol

I second that EchaniX. If it wasn't for Chess.com, I don't know what the heck I would do. Probably spend 10 hours a day playing Civ 5 or GTA: Vice City   Undecided  This is much more constructive  Laughing

-Mark

Richard

lol Mark, i was gonna say keeps me outta trouble from playing checkers :P jk