Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess.Com vs Houdini!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #141

ChristianSoldier007

sure I will change your vote

• 2 years ago · Quote · #142

Twpsyn

I guess the opening names in wales and usa differ :-).  If you're ever in wales you'll have to call it the grand pix or else people will look at you funny.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #143

ChristianSoldier007

ive heard of the grand prix and its used here. I heard there were two ways of doing it... ? I dont know ive never looked into it

• 2 years ago · Quote · #144

vaiuuii

2 Nf3

• 2 years ago · Quote · #145

MoonlessNight

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #146

ChristianSoldier007

nate all votes have to be in red. If I let one person vote in black, everyone will sorry please change it

• 2 years ago · Quote · #147

Twpsyn

It's quite an aggressive opening, if that helps the decision process.  With regard to whole two ways of doing it, some like to play 2. Nf3 before the 3. f4 because of 2. ... d5.  I think playing Nf3 before the f4 is called the grand prix system where 1. e4 c5 2.f4 is called the grand prix attack.  I've just bought a dvd on the 1. e4 c5 2.f4 line.  Getting tips from dvds isn't cheating right?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #148

ChristianSoldier007

no not cheating. we can use databases and all that. I just request we dont use engines, because this is man vs machine, not machine vs machine

• 2 years ago · Quote · #149

MoonlessNight

I vote for 2. b4

I will try to make sure that my vote is in red, but I'm color-blind so it is hard for me.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #150

ChristianSoldier007

ok nate no prob

• 2 years ago · Quote · #151

Twpsyn

Since no one else is going to I vote f4.  With regard to my last post all references to f5 should be f4.  I always get mudled.  They realy should let you be able to edit your own posts!  oh they do...  who knew?  Not me evidently!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #152

ChristianSoldier007

lol Twpsyn

• 2 years ago · Quote · #153

PatzerLars

Roeczak wrote:

@PatzerLars: if u want an antisicilian , c3 has already 2 votes . We'll crush the mainlines!!

Not sure. I want something with either very long pawn chains (fortress) or something that teleports us to an equal pawn endgame. Even then it is difficult enough. Laughing If you get that with anti-sic(k),  so be it.

I am an endgamer, I have no clue about mainlines or antisystems.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #154

Jabba_The_Mutt

c3

• 2 years ago · Quote · #155

Twpsyn

Looks like we're heading into a c3 Sicilian.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #156

ChristianSoldier007

thats what it looks like. I have a doctors appointment tommorow, so Houdini's move will be released tonight. I think that will be all right, voting looks like its over, what do you think?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #157

ChristianSoldier007

i went ahead and cast my vote as c3

• 2 years ago · Quote · #158

ChristianSoldier007

ANNOUNCEMENT: HOUDINI'S NEXT MOVE, MOVE 2, WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 8:00 PM PACIFIC TONIGHT. VOTING ENDS AT 7 PM. YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 8 AM PACIFIC 4/26/12 TO VOTE ON MOVE 3.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #159

ChaoChinKun

Nf3

• 2 years ago · Quote · #160

AnthonyCG

You better hope that thing doesn't have a tablebase LOL

Post your reply: