17801 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
but there is one more feature which chess.com does not have : full screen feature.
in chesscube, we can enlarge our chessboard to completely fill our screen but in chess.com , it is not possible. i would really like this feature being added to chess.com .
maxine_aue: i don't know, but I had made steadily gain in my cubits (got around 8k) but few months ago, it doesn't seem to keep going up, it got stuck.
But I think it is because at login it gives you 25 cubits, but few months ago it used to give 25 + lots of small bonuses for stupid things like "play 1 game" or "play 1 tournament".
I prefer Chess.com.
Thanks for the info. I did notice that we no longer get the cubit bonuses for playing one rated game or entering one tournament. I used to sign up for a tournament then log off before it started, just to get the free cubits haha.
But, this is how it is now: we only get 140 cubits gross for winning a 100 cubit game. This means the house is taking a 60 cubit cut. I think last year we got 185 gross for winning a 100 cubit game.
Am I remembering this wrong?
The only time they take no cut or a negative one is when VIPs play games for free, or when VIPs play a 25 cubit prize game.
The ONE AND ONLY thing in which I feel chesscube is better than chess.com is that players can play Live Chess960 there.Chesscube is no match for chess.com in most of the other significant aspects tho, like simplicity, security, maintenance, active forum, more titled players, livestream tv, articles, groups/team, correspondense chess etc etc etc.. and most of all, the cubit system of chesscube is a pain in the neck..
i say chesscube
i liked the cubit system that was a few years ago know its shit but im a vip and i dont have that kind of problem plus i can earn chess videos buy playing and not paying on chesscube the players are stronger of course chess.com has tactics trainers but i go to chesstempo for tactic which there if you have a premium account is better for chess metor i use the chess combat simulator or try to make a plan from a position in a master game.The tournaments are better the server hasent annoyed me like chess.com.And what i like the most is that the rating system is better then chess.com.
The only up side is that chess.com has a forum that most players read only reason why im here.
chesscube seems to be more aggressive in seeking your money...
no, in y opinion, chesscube is much better. chess.com sucks. you can see it on your own : http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=konstantino07
I was a regular Chesscube user. Not anymore. I now prefer Chess.com for various reasons:
Overall, Chess.com is straightforward, very user friendly, is designed and works in the best interest of Chess.
Chess.com: 9 out of 10 (-1 for the ordinary user interface, sorry )
Chesscube: 6 out of 10 (without its attractive user interface, it would barely get 4)
I like chesscube because its ratings are closer to fide ratings.
But chesscom is my main chess site.
For all those who say chess.com Live interface is simple, I highly disagree, infact I find it more eligent vibrant and over all better than chesscube after a few tweaks. Here is a side by side UI comparison.
Themes can be changed on both sites, chess.com has readymade themes and it can be cuztomized aswell.
ChessCube reminds me of Poker site with it's annoying cubit systems and advertisements below the screen. Not the best Chat support for non VIP members.
PROS: I do like the Seek option. As I tend to know who I am playing with and I can manually select players I want to play
2. People who are already in my friends list I can PM them without waiting for them to accept it. Like most Internet Messenger feature.
3. Lots of interactive Chat Rooms. And I can also see who all are present in the chat room
4. Has Chess 960 Live & 30 sec + 1 sec timer games, WarZone Tournament
5. Quiz on CubeCafe (Although chess.com has a section altogether for this but it is not as active and lively, plus you get Quiz prizes like VIP membership or Cubits)
CONS: 1. Unhelpful moderators, can be very prejudice at times. Very unprofessional Support team. I remember a former mod/staff "Sansen" aka Judith Ezra from Israel, called me "hairy smelly Indian from a country for rapists" once. I even reported this incident with screen shot to the support team, no action was taken.
2. Bad server response time: For someone with a low bandwidth speed, it takes forever to load and sometimes get stuck.
3. Ineffective Cheat detection and Invading of privacy. They have a bug that they use to hack into your system to detect the chess engines/programs running in background invading your privacy during the process. But if you rename the programs in the processes tab then the bug which are looking for progs running in the background, they will see only innocent looking processes that would be running on any PC and will not detect as a cheat.
4. The emphesis was so much on design that it lacks simplicity for new users (non tech savy). Most of the settings does not have any name, they are just shapes and diagrams.
5. Their approach for charging customers to get premium benifits. (Which to me doesn't seem like a logical investment like paying for new chess pieces and boards theme and have access to couple of smileys in chat, I can live without it's premium features).
Pros: 1. Implementation of COMP5 (It's a huge break through)
2. Simplicity, Security, Maintenance, Active Forum, Livestream tv, Articles, Correspondense Chess
3. Groups: Great way of socializing with others also we can play Group matchs, form Leagues for Live Tournaments (mostly hosted by DHLC Swiss and World Standard Time Control Chess Club) and post feeds and use live chat in groups.
4. LOT of title players participate like Anand, Nakamura, Jeremy Silman, Irina Krush, Thomas Rendle, GM Joey and many more. The pool of talented players here compared to ChessCube is much more. Two reasons why ChessCube players appears to have higher ratings is because a) they start with 1500 which is 300 pts above this site and b) they don't have game format specific ratings.
5. Has it's own App which is richer in it's features than ChessCube.
6. Provides great training support with Chess Mentor, Tactics Trainer and has online Coaching facility by GM's and other titled players.
7. I like the new Auto Resign feature. If someone purposely is not playing/making you wait till the timer is up can get auto resigned.
8. Allowing multiple premoves: helps me a lot in bullet, since I have slow net and it manages to somewhat compromise with the response time lag.
9. I am used to chess.com graph seek on Live games, one major plus I found is that while you tend to click on a non graph seek bar the requests keep moving with a fast pace, so unless you click on it really fast you are bound to click on someone elses request which you did not originally intend to click. THIS does not happen in graph search since it visually appears to be much more organized.
10. Has chess relayers that does the coverage of FIDE international Tournaments.
11. Last but not least best Staff/Mods. Very professional and kind with their approach.
1. Chat Room from Live is taken off
2. List of users available in chat rooms were not shown in an organized and simplified way. It only shows all the users who are online and due to heavy crowd, it is hard to track specific users unless they are on your friends list.
3. Alert's feature is sometimes not so alerting, maybe a different alert sound would help which a more vibrant highlight to draw the attention. IDK maybe it's just me.
4. Private Message feature requires approval to send message even for people in buddy lists. I don't find this logical, since we are already friends, I would prefer it to work more like any other Internet Messenger,.
5. No live 960 or 30sec|1sec timer games.
That is pretty much what I can think of. Over all Chess.COM (Interface wise/Feature wise) beats ChessCube in every aspect.
"Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival Rnd 5! Hosts IM Elisabeth Paehtz & GM Simon Williams"
I'm getting lag only on chess.com
by lizardking27 4 minutes ago
by KirbyCake 5 minutes ago
by Rambo2004 7 minutes ago
by JackAboutChess 17 minutes ago
Thinking of giving online lessons...advice?
by hicetnunc 18 minutes ago
Do certain openings make you feel slightly insulted and angry?
by Talfan1 21 minutes ago
by kamala_am 22 minutes ago
2 Opening questions!
by eciruam 23 minutes ago
1/31/2015 - Ryklis-Ivasyuk, USSR 1982
by Salitos 26 minutes ago
ALIVE, could you please unblock me?
by BenTen24075 33 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!