Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Did You Know Chess.com is Tracking You

• 3 years ago · Quote · #41

TheGrobe

mrguy888 wrote:
    JinLun wrote:
    dlagwagon wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts from inside the bubble, JinLun, chess.com should make that one of their slogans "Stop whining about privacy. Chess.com, endorced by the Internet Censor Bureau of the PRC." 

Typical, cant think of anything constructive to say you resort to talking about things of which you have no knowledge.I believe this thread has worn out it's usefulness. By the way "endorced" is spelt endorsed

And "spelt" is spelled spelled.

Not if you're talking about wheat it isn't.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #42

mrguy888

TheGrobe wrote:
    mrguy888 wrote:
    JinLun wrote:
    dlagwagon wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts from inside the bubble, JinLun, chess.com should make that one of their slogans "Stop whining about privacy. Chess.com, endorced by the Internet Censor Bureau of the PRC." 

Typical, cant think of anything constructive to say you resort to talking about things of which you have no knowledge.I believe this thread has worn out it's usefulness. By the way "endorced" is spelt endorsed

And "spelt" is spelled spelled.

Not if you're talking about wheat it isn't.

Oh, my mistake. He was clearly saying that incorrect spelling "endorced" has the public approval of that particualr type of wheat.

• 19 months ago · Quote · #43

IancuD

Conquistador wrote:

Don't worry, I have tripled layered my computer with tin foil.  I am invulnerable.  Oh wait, I forgot to protect my brains.  Panic!

well I don't know about the seriousness of the topic. but hey look here:

http://www.ncconstructionottawa.com/tempest.html

this is all stuff certain sectors use to essentially protect against sensitive information being extracted through the air. they call it TEMPEST shielding.

maybe the "conspiracy theorists" aren't so crazy. 

• 8 months ago · Quote · #44

dlagwagon

How many of you apologists work at the NSA? Fuck, you aren't smart enough! Snowden was late to this party. First!

• 8 months ago · Quote · #45

TheGrobe

You're still here? I thought for sure you'd have been disappeared by the chesstapo by now.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #46

dlagwagon

you're on the wrong side of history, Grope

• 8 months ago · Quote · #47

TheGrobe

Really, I just wanted to say chesstapo.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #48

chr1s-u

dlagwagon wrote:

Did you know that chess.com loads cookies onto your web browser and uses them to track you once you leave their site? How do you feel about that? It's understandable that they advertise to you while you are here, right, but tracking your movements after you leave their site...is that ethical. Doesn't make the service free right. They should probably give you access to all their kit if they are going to treat you like their child and monitor you internet use. 

Oh yeah. I knew years ago. It's a for advertising and to detect exactly the same browser and maybe more. I just didn't think anyone else would find my awareness relevant. This can be found using some products that conduct a very thorough scan. Also the user policy mentions it.

Post your reply: