Forums

Do u think there should be online gambling in chess.com? why?

Sort:
Xmcp

Oh yeah, i think it should be added, I mean, gambling online for membership or money or chess equipments/books etc. ............. I mean, would'nt that be cool

ggreenig71

That would be great...except that I would be an even poor-er man.

Xmcp

lol ggreenig71

ggreenig71

How about if the site had "strip chess" and all of the sexy ladies could show us their goods if they lose! HA!

tabor

Chess is not meant for low class gamblers. Chess has dignity.

Harry_Soho67

What about high class gamblers? 

And you mean people betting on other people's games or their own?

CalamityChristie

MAD thread

AndyClifton

Every time I move it's a gamble!

alec44

No,

Allowing gambling would attract bad element to the site intrested in the money and worsen the problem of cheating considerably  can't see any good coming out of that.

AndyClifton

Haters gonna hate!

Harry_Soho67

Chesscube did have "betting" real money and the ability to "cash out" your credits into real money refunded back to your card or account.  Their problems they ran into however are easily researchable.  I don't feel like listing them but there were 3 big ones I read about.

If this site can come up with ways to minimize those "problems" then I don't see why betting wouldn't be a good thing.

Patrick_Timmons

No, because you can cheat very easily and you could never get caught. then there could be loads of them out there just 1 on 1 against each other for high stakes and none of them could even have the slightest clue of how to play. (If you're wondering, I worked out how to cheat years ago and straight away stopped because i wasn't gaining anything out of it)

TheGrobe
ggreenig71 wrote:

How about if the site had "strip chess" and all of the sexy ladies could show us their goods if they lose! HA!

I think you're looking for chest.com.  Next site over.

ThrillerFan
ggreenig71 wrote:

ggreenig71 - Good luck.  Here are the pairings:

ggreenig71 - Irina Krush
ThrillerFan - Maria Sharapova
AndyClifton - Vanna White
TheGrobe - Natalie Portman

ThrillerFan

Oops, left off a pairing:

LewisSkolnick - Judit Polgar

ItsEoin
ThrillerFan wrote:

Oops, left off a pairing:

LewisSkolnick - Judit Polgar

Yeow!

duck_and_cover

Chess, as played by the average chess.com member, is a game of hazard. So this site is already a gambling site.