Forums

Do you calculate a lot?

Sort:
ChessvsAliens
samir767 wrote:

in my case no!! i trust my instincts .if u gonna lose ,u will eventualy lose, calculating a lot dosent mean you calculate right.. 

yup, seeing your rating......

mattyf9
ChessvsAliens wrote:
samir767 wrote:

in my case no!! i trust my instincts .if u gonna lose ,u will eventualy lose, calculating a lot dosent mean you calculate right.. 

yup, seeing your rating......

Yea I looked at one of his games lol.  If your intiution is already bad, which it clearly is, then how do you expect to get better?

samir767

guys show mercyFoot in Mouth plss. i am playing chess after a gap of 30 + yrs , last played in school, already confessed am an amatuer.Encouraging comments from seniors will definitely help me learn more and improve. 

mattyf9
samir767 wrote:

guys show mercy plss. i am playing chess after a gap of 30 + yrs , last played in school, already confessed am an amatuer.Encouraging comments from seniors will definitely help me learn more and improve. 

Then follow the advice given instead of disagreeing with it.

VLaurenT

Guys, no chess integrism please : everybody is entitled free thought process...

maDawson

I don't always calculate, but when I do...

I prefer Texas Instruments.

Stay nerdy my friends...

ivandh
maDawson a écrit :

I don't always calculate, but when I do...

I prefer Texas Instruments.

Stay nerdy my friends...

Oh my god so much awesome.

waffllemaster

Haha, I like it.

Replace Texas Instruments with "reverse polish notation" for that extra nerdy flair Laughing

Swindlers_List
rmurray wrote:
AssauIt wrote:

Like I said, I don't have the incentive to actually expend energy on online games. Afterall, all I get for winning is fake rating points.
Also i've got too many distractions here.

Read this post carefully.  Read it again.   hell....read it again.

Does it sound strange to you? ....it does to me.     

why is that?

Slovenly
ivandh wrote:
rmurray a écrit :
Mandy711 wrote:
reflectivist wrote:

It's much simpler than that. If God wants you to win, you win.  If God wants you to lose, you lose.  Why complicate it?

God is watching our games neutrally like an arbiter.

yes, good old loving god,   Should read, "God is watching the war in syria neutrally, like an arbiter."   ...?    seems like he? couldn't care less?  last i heard he was in Istanbul somewhere smokin' some hash, and getting laid.

Now there's a god I can believe in.

There's a god I could get behind.

Master_Po

What was the topic?  Oh yes, calculating. . . at my level, if i take more than 15 minutes, is that too long normally?  Does that mean I should do more tactics?  

AlCzervik

If you're playing a 20 minute game, yes, it's too long.

mattyf9
DavyWilliams wrote:

What was the topic?  Oh yes, calculating. . . at my level, if i take more than 15 minutes, is that too long normally?  Does that mean I should do more tactics?  

Yes obviously if its a 20 minute game its too long.  In a long game, i.e 90/60 or longer, 20 minutes isnt too long but you have to pick and choose when you take time.  You should not be taking 20 minutes to make what is an obvious move like recapturing a piece, or in the opening where you have 3 candidate moves and they are all reasonable.  You should be taking time when you have a position that requires you to calculate multiple variations because if you move quickly in a position like this you can easily miss a threat.