Forums

Do you find you get bullied by higher ranked players on the chess board?

Sort:
Conquistador

Honestly, light pollution is not too bad of a problem for most of us.  I mean, if I can see the objects fairly well in Orlando (talk about light pollution everywhere), then it should be fine everywhere else, except for maybe New York or something like that.

I wish I could take a telescope to the village I lived in Michigan.  There was virtually no light pollution at all and you could see so much in the night sky with the naked eye.

corrijean

The difference between living in the country and in the city is remarkable. At least to the naked eye.

electricpawn

Population density  - obviously - is much higher in greater Chicago than it was when I lived in rural Iowa. The pace of things in general is faster, and there is way more light pollution than there is on my uncle's farm!

corrijean

I plan to buy as big of a telescope as I can afford once we move out of town a bit. It will be a few years before that happens, though.

tlumsden

I wouldn't be called being beaten by a stronger player being "bullied. I would call it about what you would expect with the opportunity for glory with no shame at losing. I find I learn the most playing somewhat stronger players though I avoid playing players  100 points higher or100 points lower this gives me about a 50% win ratio which gives me challenge and success together. I am open to the idea I could learn more by playing stronger opponents but I do like to win while I appreciate well played games even if I lose.

Ronnee

No they just use aggressive tactics...which is WHAT YOU SHOULD AIM FOR TOO. What I am concerned about though is the BULLYING TACTICS of the scorers. Tonight 21st March 2013 I played 2 higher ranked players. I CLEARLY WON BOTH GAMES  YET my opponents were given the WIN score...droppiong my ratings.  I got PISSED OFF and made a comment but after a few games when this scenario REOCCURRED I just gave up playing tonight . I will give up CHESS.COM is I am treated like this . You go the game and judge for yourself parviz-0000(987) versus Ronnee (813)

ATRE THE JUDGES THEIR FRIENDS OR ARE THERE NO PLAYERS TONIGHT AND WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST THE JUDGES ??????. i WILL NAME AND SHAME EVERYONE WHO SABOTAGES/CHEATS, ESPECIALLY scorers WHO ARE biased AGAINst ME.  wHY PAY CHESS.COM MONEY FOR MEMBERSHIP  to be ILLTREATED  ?