Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Does a 1800 rated player normally crush a 1400 rated player?

• 6 months ago · Quote · #61

Pippychess

I disagree - as a 1200 i've beaten many players who were rated 1600+

• 6 months ago · Quote · #62

Here_Is_Plenty

I sort of gave up proper chess a few years ago, except for civil service things.  Life falling apart, etc.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #63

kaynight

Ok. Best wishes.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #64

kaynight

Pippy: Obviously, not enough.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #65

Here_Is_Plenty

Thanks man.  It got a lot better when I sacced my queen.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #66

Wizard_Chess97

I am around 1800 OTB (just below at 1768 USCF currently) and when I play 1400s, they definitely give me a game (especially if they're young up-and-coming kids), but in the end I win. Exceptions are in rapid and blitz games. I've dropped more games to players 1400 and below in G/25 and G/5 tournaments than I would like to remember. In general, the faster the time control, the higher chance a lower-rated player has against a higher-rated one.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #67

badger_song

In relation to this post,what exactly does "crush" mean?

• 6 months ago · Quote · #68

kaynight

Bobby Crush?

• 6 months ago · Quote · #69

satxusa

I usually lose in the endgame to higher rated players but can hang in the opening and middlegame.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #70

happyface79

So a 1480 vs 1480 is even match up?

• 6 months ago · Quote · #71

PLAVIN81

No not normaly

• 6 months ago · Quote · #72

DrCheckevertim

Maroon5fan wrote:

I am around 1800 OTB (just below at 1768 USCF currently) and when I play 1400s, they definitely give me a game (especially if they're young up-and-coming kids), but in the end I win. Exceptions are in rapid and blitz games. I've dropped more games to players 1400 and below in G/25 and G/5 tournaments than I would like to remember. In general, the faster the time control, the higher chance a lower-rated player has against a higher-rated one.

Yeah, I am around 1600, and even 1200s give me a decent game... until they lose.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #73

I_Am_Second

The 1400 wil put up a good fight, and hang around until the late middle game, and them they start to lose there way.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #74

happyface79

Oh that's good to know thanks

• 6 months ago · Quote · #75

happyface79

^^^

• 6 months ago · Quote · #76

Hamsterlight

LOL, depends on whether the 1400 player's skills actually are just 1400 Undecided , played a few people below 1400 in the past Wink, some were insanely tough to beat cuz they were new to OTB and their ratings haven't adjusted to their full potential yet Yell LOL.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #77

happyface79

I have had that before. I played an 850 who was not an 850 playing strength. He litterally played like a 1700... 6 months later I found out he actually jumped to 1712 -_-

Post your reply: