Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Does Chess.com Own Chess?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

dlagwagon

No, obviously. There are plenty of other chess sites on the internet, arn't there? 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

trysts

I'm hoping you'll start looking around for them, since this site is pissing you off so much.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

AnthonyCG

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

theoreticalboy

Here's a picture of Erik after his recent spa treatment

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

trysts

That's the first time I've ever seen an actual photo of a  squirrel playing chess!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

theoreticalboy

That's because chess.com didn't want you to see such a photo.  I suspect AnthonyCG is not long for this world, unfortunately.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

trysts

Chess.com has gotten too powerful. Suppressing all documented evidence that squirrels play chess may be the final twirly, rainbow-coloured straw.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

theoreticalboy

Let's presume chess.com allowed the (clearly vast) documented evidence that squirrels play chess; all of a sudden, squirrel pics would be on-topic everywhere!

Clearly chess.com's animosity towards squirrels is boundless and vicious.  Why we allow such denigration of such cute animals is something I fail to comprehend.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #9

theoreticalboy

Let's keep all the fun to one thread, ey?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

trysts

At a recent shareholders meeting, it was leaked to this reporter that Chess.com refuses to recognize squirrels as even having the possibility of being on-topic. My question is obvious: Is Chess.com the Illuminati?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #11

trysts

Maybe the entire Chess.com staff is really just Erik shape-shifting? Maybe he's promoting shape-shifting on his exercise site? 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #12

Conquistador

I bet that the team of Erik and his shapeshifters defend our site from the Annunaki Elenin comets while negotiating with the reptillian members of government.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #13

trysts

Conquistador wrote:

I bet that the team of Erik and his shapeshifters defend our site from the Annunaki Elenin comets while negotiating with the reptillian members of government.

Hilarious!Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #15

mrguy888

theoreticalboy wrote:

Let's presume chess.com allowed the (clearly vast) documented evidence that squirrels play chess; all of a sudden, squirrel pics would be on-topic everywhere!

Clearly chess.com's animosity towards squirrels is boundless and vicious.  Why we allow such denigration of such cute animals is something I fail to comprehend.

It is like the moderators are out of control, or something...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #16

knightrider25

"Wha..?"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #17

knightrider25

• 2 years ago · Quote · #18

zoom2me

trysts wrote:

That's the first time I've ever seen an actual photo of a  squirrel playing chess!

actual? photoshop written all over

• 2 years ago · Quote · #19

Call_me_Ishmael

Chess is owned by the estate of Anton Chess, who invented it in his shed on the outskirts of Glasgow in 1622.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #20

trysts

zoom2me wrote:
    trysts wrote:

actual? photoshop written all over

I was kiddingWink

Post your reply: